Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Test Our Self

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pol+12 January 2004 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 12 January 2004 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@12 January 2004 - 12:22
    1. If any computer file when executed on a computer causes the interference of the running of that computer to the extent that the computer has to be rebooted then that file is deemed to be a Trojan file.

2. Computer Science. A program that appears to be legitimate but is designed to have destructive effects, as to data residing in the computer onto which the program was loaded.

i agree with your definitions, but i see the thread as a test and there has been a lot worse posted here to &#39;test&#39; things. i really dont think there would have been a problem if it had been posted in another section [/b][/quote]
    As a MOD pol i find your attitude a little disturbing, this is clearly a Trojan (friendly or otherwise) - people on this forum have other programmes open as well, even whilst browsing this forum - maybe something important like online chatting, or even a programme that keeps track of something.

A simple warning like the one given above is not enough. You know as well as i do that people WILL click on it - thinking wrongly that they have enough security to bypass the problems - not everyone here is as astute as you or i when it comes to having to reboot a puter everytime something goes wrong. Someone might even panic and do real damage

I think the link should be DELETED or MOVED from the lounge to an area where you guys think its fun to that sort of thing - please&#33;&#33;

Peace
    UKMan

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #42
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by UKMan+12 January 2004 - 14:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 12 January 2004 - 14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by pol@12 January 2004 - 13:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab
    @12 January 2004 - 12:22
    1. If any computer file when executed on a computer causes the interference of the running of that computer to the extent that the computer has to be rebooted then that file is deemed to be a Trojan file.

2. Computer Science. A program that appears to be legitimate but is designed to have destructive effects, as to data residing in the computer onto which the program was loaded.

i agree with your definitions, but i see the thread as a test and there has been a lot worse posted here to &#39;test&#39; things. i really dont think there would have been a problem if it had been posted in another section
    As a MOD pol i find your attitude a little disturbing, this is clearly a Trojan (friendly or otherwise) - people on this forum have other programmes open as well, even whilst browsing this forum - maybe something important like online chatting, or even a programme that keeps track of something.

A simple warning like the one given above is not enough. You know as well as i do that people WILL click on it - thinking wrongly that they have enough security to bypass the problems - not everyone here is as astute as you or i when it comes to having to reboot a puter everytime something goes wrong. Someone might even panic and do real damage

I think the link should be DELETED or MOVED from the lounge to an area where you guys think its fun to that sort of thing - please&#33;&#33;

Peace
    UKMan [/b][/quote]
    Thanks.

Yogi

Pol: Report to?? A mod?? Like You??

Ahum....... :helpsmile:

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #43
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    One simple answer to all this wrangling would be for the person who posted this thread to add to the original post, instructions to members on how to get out of this test, if it goes wrong, without having to reboot their computer. If they are unable to do that then maybe Pol will help. If not then delete the link.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #44
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by UKMan@12 January 2004 - 12:41
    As a MOD pol i find your attitude a little disturbing
    [memberhat=on] i find your attitude a little disturbing too [memberhat=off]

i think its only an issue here in this section. if you worry so much about members who dont know what to do (after they have already seen the warning) then why didnt / dont you report things like crack links / direct dl links of 600 virii etc etc

@yogi - i&#39;m not a global mod therefore i cant do anything about lounge topics, try using this

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #45
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    UKMan and Sensual

1. You were warned.

2. If I told you to walk into a dark room with cutting blades would you do it? Then again THIS wasn&#39;t that bad.

3. Providing a link to the page versus a direct link is the same difference because he warned us 1st.

4. Sensual you are bitching due to stupidity.

5. If you paid attention he actually helped you.

6. This does belong in Softwareworld.

7. Quit whining&#33;&#33; You were not permanently damaged. If you had something that needed saving and clicked the link you are dumber the previously thought (that goes for anyone).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #46
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Nice to see it did get moved at last:

@pol
    In what way do you find my attitude a little disturbing? - I have explained my reason, now explain yours please&#33;

A friendly fucking hat on your head dosnt make it any the better - <-- much less that one does&#33;

@Busyman
    Read the post again and do try to understand - who&#39;s whining here - if thats the case both you, pol and myself - trying to fob it all off by saying that warnings were given just proves you dont understand what i have said - people will still CLICK - I DIDNT by the way - you obviously didnt read that either

UKMan

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #47
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Well originally you wanted it deleted.

Let people make their own decisions.

Yes you and Sensual were whining and it was quite obvious.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #48
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by UKMan@12 January 2004 - 13:08
    Nice to see it did get moved at last:

@pol
    In what way do you find my attitude a little disturbing? - I have explained my reason, now explain yours please&#33;

A friendly fucking hat on your head dosnt make it any the better - <-- much less that one does&#33;

@Busyman
    Read the post again and do try to understand - who&#39;s whining here - if thats the case both you, pol and myself - trying to fob it all off by saying that warnings were given just proves you dont understand what i have said - people will still CLICK - I DIDNT by the way - you obviously didnt read that either

UKMan
    as to your problem with my attitude, the reason i dont have a problem with the post as i said already, there has been so many topics about the &#39;best&#39; fw/settings lately, so this might help people who dont know what to do with them or if their browser gets hijacked like this

as to my problem with your attitude, i have already explained to you before in a thread in the lounge a while back, i still stand by what i said in that thread. obviously you have a problem with my posts and i have a problem with yours. your concern in this thread is for those who dont know how to kill the process, the thread helps. my concern with your posts is that they mainly consist of smut and innuendo, which i dont care to read.

so if it comes down to the old "if you dont like it, dont read it or comment on it" arguement, then i could use the same in this case.

ps - it was&#39;nt supposed to be a "friendly f*cking hat",

<-- much less that one does&#33;
    <-- would that suffice

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #49
    well.I clicked it and nothing...
    hope thats good

EDIT..I just realised it was a IE exploit..im using MYIE2. after a closer inspection of this i remember why I hate frames

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #50
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Sensual you are bitching due to stupidity.
    Haha&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogs

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast