Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: @pol - Who Finds My Attitude Disturbing

Forum Star
    Originally posted by UKMan@12 January 2004 - 15:48
    Well of course, it seem s that pol can say he finds my attitude disturbing in the open forum, but then i have to PM privately to find out why - does that mean i can then post the answer here on the open forum? Interesting to say the least.

what are you talking about ?

i gave you my answer in the other thread, i thought at least you would have deduced what i said. if not, i suggest you read through all of it again.

about your..

"- clearly those of us who try to keep some sort of order get attacked by those who dont give a damn -"

are you saying that i dont give a damn about the board ? - because i see from your posts that you are these days mainly in to smut and cyber, what a great contribution.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pol+12 January 2004 - 16:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 12 January 2004 - 16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@12 January 2004 - 15:48
    Well of course, it seem s that pol can say he finds my attitude disturbing in the open forum, but then i have to PM privately to find out why - does that mean i can then post the answer here on the open forum? Interesting to say the least.

what are you talking about ?

i gave you my answer in the other thread, i thought at least you would have deduced what i said. if not, i suggest you read through all of it again.

about your..

"- clearly those of us who try to keep some sort of order get attacked by those who dont give a damn -"

are you saying that i dont give a damn about the board ? - because i see from your posts that you are these days mainly in to smut and cyber, what a great contribution. [/b][/quote]
    ahh - so thats your beef is it pol??

well of course thats your opinion and i of course respect it - so posting smut is not ok with you but guiding people to deliberatly crash their puters is? - like i said before - case closed - now next time you say things OPENLY, expect an answer OPENLY - your know-it-all attitudes dont fool me or others around here as you might have guessed.

I know your jealous about me, i cant help that, its a sickness and needs lots of patience from others like myself to understand - i understand you now pol - i really do - if its a slanging match you want then im game, i would however like to drop this as ive allready explained "case closed" you ignored that, so i reply of course.

Anyways - whatever you reply or think is fo no consequence - you have showed your colours - everyone knew mine anyway - and like you say "who gives a damn" - i certainly dont as you dont about me - right??

UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Forum Star
    ok, so you like to play on words

believe it or not, when i&#39;m here i put the members best interests before anything else, including any pm&#39;s i may get from you.

as i have said quite a few times, that thread is not a guide for "people to deliberatly crash their puters" - it should help people with certain things.

as for being "game" to have a bit-of-a flame with me, i dont see it like that.

you started this thread, about me, so i&#39;ll give my honest opinions,

Originally posted by ukman
    I know your jealous about me, i cant help that, its a sickness and needs lots of patience from others like myself to understand - i understand you now pol - i really do -
    all i can say is
    you really do live in your own little world dont you

4. Lounge   -   #24
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    you answered - fair enough - now can we say case closed?

UKMan

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    pol has done nothing wrong. The thread in question, in my view, gave clear warnings not to click on it. I clicked on the file, and like many others, had 150 pop-ups in about 10 seconds. However, I did manage to sort the problem out without rebooting. Why must you single pol out? Is it because he is a mod? Well you can start with me on this one as well then because I agree with everything pol has said.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@12 January 2004 - 17:29
    pol has done nothing wrong. The thread in question, in my view, gave clear warnings not to click on it. I clicked on the file, and like many others, had 150 pop-ups in about 10 seconds. However, I did manage to sort the problem out without rebooting. Why must you single pol out? Is it because he is a mod? Well you can start with me on this one as well then because I agree with everything pol has said.
    im still waiting for pol to agree on "case closed" you in the meantime will have to wait

UKMan

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by UKMan+12 January 2004 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 12 January 2004 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Samurai@12 January 2004 - 17:29
    im still waiting for pol to agree on "case closed" you in the meantime will have to wait

UKMan [/b][/quote]
    LMAO Samurai stay outta this mate its nearly finished let the people involved clear this up.

Have to say, im not a big reader and some of your posts guys have been quite lengthy for my standards but they have been amusing

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by UKMan@12 January 2004 - 16:28

UKMan
    ok, but since we&#39;re here already, what does this mean ..

your know-it-all attitudes dont fool me or others around here as you might have guessed.
    ..?

@Samurai, cheers for that , but i think UKMan&#39;s problem is with me, over something from a while ago, and not the thread he is whining on about

9. Lounge   -   #29
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pol+12 January 2004 - 17:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 12 January 2004 - 17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@12 January 2004 - 16:28

UKMan
    ok, but since we&#39;re here already, what does this mean ..

your know-it-all attitudes dont fool me or others around here as you might have guessed.
    ..?

@Samurai, cheers for that , but i think UKMan&#39;s problem is with me, over something from a while ago, and not the thread he is whining on about [/b][/quote]
    If you really want to continue this thread then i will, i have offered to finish it however.

Let me be honest then, in as respectfull way i can pol.

It seems that peoples opinions or posts are not judged by how relevant they are by you, but rather by how you feel about that person or your own experience in things of that nature - a typical member attitude and not one of an unbiassed MOD.

Clearly this post was not deemed appropriate for the lounge, yet you persisted in allowing it, simply because you didnt personally think it dangerous, after all your experience in these things made that descision for you. You didnt however consider that others with far less experience than yourself would fall into a trap they had no chance of getting out of, the explanations of how to recover from an eventuall crash were given far too late in the thread.

The post was however moved - why? Because of my "whining" i think not. I think it was moved because the lounge wasnt the place to post it - yet you cannot accept that - you still have to justify yourself to me - this isnt needed pol, the post was moved - i can now accept that and am at ease with that.

Time and time again we have argued over things that you have to use big words and long drawn out arguments over when in fact its really quite simple - if you want respect from me pol, then you have to have respect for my opinions too - i am after all a member just like everyone else, i see my role here NOT on a soapbox but as a helper for those less fortunate than myself in understanding what this forum is about - you can say what you will, but it is really that simple.

Many months ago i tried to start a n00b debate - what happens... it gets thrashed and laughed at, why?? - NO RESPECT bro and that sickens me. A lot of people here including you, have no respect for people with less experience than yourself.

Now thats my beef and untill such times i see a change, then i wont either - can you accept that pol?

Read this a couple of times pol and you will see that i am being fair, i am not being nasty, just telling what is true. I asked in a fair way to either delete the link or to move the thead and in my opinion you (as a MOD) were not being unbiassed.

Now, i await your answer. But i refuse to argue, after all i wanted to finish this thread off, but you asked another question quite openly and i have replied.

Anyone else wanting to join in can forget it - i aint interested - But if they persist, then all well and good - personally i think they will contribute to just wasting more time and space.

UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Forum Star
    well i dont think it&#39;s me who has the problem in keeping up with posts/topics, but i&#39;ll return the favour and put this as respectfully as i can.

you say that i let the topic continue in the lounge.

if you read the topic, i think i was one of, if not the first, to say it should be moved. its a useful link/test even if you dont agree with it.

an &#39;area mod&#39; cant do anything about posts out-with their own area - we only have mod functions there. if you have a problem with a topic then you should use the &#39;report&#39; button as BigBoab did - thats why it was moved.

about "others with far less experience" - i dont set myself up as knowing everything and indeed i dont - the post had a clear warning.

as for this..

It seems that peoples opinions or posts are not judged by how relevant they are by you, but rather by how you feel about that person or your own experience in things of that nature - a typical member attitude and not one of an unbiassed MOD.
    ..i totally disagree with that. for a start you can only form an opinion on someone here from their posts. if you could manage to look on that topic from the other side you might see that it&#39;s you who is judging people - there was a warning and people can make their own decisions. the link could be useful for people with all levels of ability.

i appreciate the fact that you&#39;re now turning this around by saying you dont want to let this topic get any worse than it already is, but remember it was you who started it, and it was you who said that you had a problem with my attitude in the other thread, to which i gave my reply concerning my problem with your attitude.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast