Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: @pol - Who Finds My Attitude Disturbing

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    if you read the topic, i think i was one of, if not the first, to say it should be moved. its a useful link/test even if you dont agree with it.
    No you wasnt, you said it "maybe should be moved":

quote:
    "i dont think it should be deleted, maybe moved. there have been tons of topics about the 'best' firewalls/settings lately, and if you've got your settings right you should be able to deal with it "

A total disregard for those with no experience - wrong place to post in other words. Should have been moved in the first place to a more respectable area.

You also said it wasnt a Trojan, which it clearly was:

quote:
    "its not a 'trojan', its more like a f/w test, and you dont really need to reboot if it does connect"

So what about the poor sods that dont have a clue about what (if any) firewall they have and how they function? Once again, disregard for those less fortunate than you or i.

The following:

quote:
    "about "others with far less experience" - i dont set myself up as knowing everything and indeed i dont - the post had a clear warning."

I commented that "clear" warning saying quite explicitly that people would click anyways - simply because it says DONT... you of all people should realise this.

Another disregard for those less fortunate.

It seems that peoples opinions or posts are not judged by how relevant they are by you, but rather by how you feel about that person or your own experience in things of that nature - a typical member attitude and not one of an unbiassed MOD.

and your reply:
    ..i totally disagree with that. for a start you can only form an opinion on someone here from their posts. if you could manage to look on that topic from the other side you might see that it's you who is judging people - there was a warning and people can make their own decisions. the link could be useful for people with all levels of ability.
    For one thing i am not judging, i am giving those who are less fortunate a real chance of saving themselves the embarressment of a crashed puter - those who cannot handle it in other words - let me repeat that the real warnings and how to deal with a crash came way after tha fact and are STILL flooding in with all sorts of solutions - as is fitting when its posted in the right place to begin with!

I started this yes - i agree, by saying what?? :
    As a MOD pol i find your attitude a little disturbing, this is clearly a Trojan (friendly or otherwise) - people on this forum have other programmes open as well, even whilst browsing this forum - maybe something important like online chatting, or even a programme that keeps track of something.

A simple warning like the one given above is not enough. You know as well as i do that people WILL click on it - thinking wrongly that they have enough security to bypass the problems - not everyone here is as astute as you or i when it comes to having to reboot a puter everytime something goes wrong. Someone might even panic and do real damage 

I think the link should be DELETED or MOVED from the lounge to an area where you guys think its fun to that sort of thing - please!!
    I didnt start a flame or an argument, just stating that there was disregard - now what possible reason can you obtain from my statement above that i had started anything other than a simple fact?

UKMan

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Forum Star
    *yawn*

well it's getting boring for me now. i have done my best to explain to you so i'll leave it at that.

anyone can read through the topics to see my opinion on the original matter, and now this one too.

if you or any of your 'friends' who think i'm a "know-it-all" want to complain or think you could do better, then be sure to post here. apart from the fact that i like to get it out in the open too, i would'nt want the admins pm box to fill up overnight.

i have to go off for a bit, so for the benefit of anyone who's interested and who did'nt read the topic when it was originally posted, muchspl2's only edit was to add quote tags, the warnings were already there.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    The shortest distance between two points is under construction.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    i agree with pol 1000 % here leave the post open hes the mod and its upto him

and i think ukman is being a little touchy these days

what has gotten into you man?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by scribblec@12 January 2004 - 19:31

a 1000% eh?

That sure is a lot of agreement

6. Lounge   -   #36
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+12 January 2004 - 20:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 12 January 2004 - 20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec@12 January 2004 - 19:31

a 1000% eh?

That sure is a lot of agreement [/b][/quote]
    yea

i doubted pol at first for being a mod because i would rather have had shareholder but he seems to be doing a good job and i congratulate him for that

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by scribblec+12 January 2004 - 19:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 12 January 2004 - 19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@12 January 2004 - 20:32
    <!--QuoteBegin-scribblec
    @12 January 2004 - 19:31

a 1000% eh?

That sure is a lot of agreement
    yea

i doubted pol at first for being a mod because i would rather have had shareholder but he seems to be doing a good job and i congratulate him for that [/b][/quote]
    Well as long as he gives it 1000%, eh?

8. Lounge   -   #38
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pol@12 January 2004 - 19:47
    *yawn*

well it&#39;s getting boring for me now. i have done my best to explain to you so i&#39;ll leave it at that.

anyone can read through the topics to see my opinion on the original matter, and now this one too.

if you or any of your &#39;friends&#39; who think i&#39;m a "know-it-all" want to complain or think you could do better, then be sure to post here. apart from the fact that i like to get it out in the open too, i would&#39;nt want the admins pm box to fill up overnight.

i have to go off for a bit, so for the benefit of anyone who&#39;s interested and who did&#39;nt read the topic when it was originally posted, muchspl2&#39;s only edit was to add quote tags, the warnings were already there.
    what kind of an attitude is that?

First you quote me and ask for an answer - when i do you "yawn" pathetic ... you aint worthy to even talk to let alone insult bah&#33;&#33; - creep off and do whatever.. too pigheaded to even come to an agreement... i said before call it a day... you didnt want to... now you cant take your own request -

scribblec - i aint even gonna answer you - but suck-up that you can do ... real good.. keep it up its good for the cheek muscles

UKMan

end of discussion for my part - ill leave the rest to the history books B)

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Erm

Time out?

What on earth are you guys doing? *spanks UKMan and pol*

Come on pol, maybe you were a bit too offensive in your answer?
    And Ukkie, you have to admit you ARE a bit touchy these days?

Discussions like this are perfectly possible on this board I think but it has to stay civilised. To go all sarcastic and blaming each other things that have nothing to do with the original post is a bit childish IMHO. Also starting a discussion about who started to &#39;flame&#39; first is pointless, everyone experiences that in another way.

So lighten up and argue about things that matter.

Thank you
    Have a nice day
    :

10. Lounge   -   #40
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

This is funny.

Come back to SS UKMan.....hell.I will send you a 40 GB harddrive.Can get one for around &#036;30.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast