Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorbikes...

Poster
    when i was driving up the road today, my dad suggested that i should get a motorbike.
    i'm not sure if he's serious or not, but i've been thinking about the idea

i know that you only need to do 1 day worth of cbt to ride a 125 on the roads but can anyone give me any more info (like cost of bike and equipment, fuel economy and performance)?

any info/help appreciated, thanks
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    well i thought about this too some time ago, to save petrol for around town.

i reckoned on a couple of hundred for insurance; i wasnt gonna bother with leahers, well i have a biker jacket already, and then just jeans - wouldnt have been going >30mph. but the prob i had was i couldnt find a cheap bike...i was lookin for a 125 (not seriously mind) but didnt see much that took my fancy.
    <insert signature here>

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    you could buy a bike from halfords for about 100quid, then buy a 2litre ford granada injection engine for about another 300quid, a toolkit for about 50quid, and for a little imagination and some improvised engineering a 1000bhp bike

4. Lounge   -   #4
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Depends on your age Gen, if you got a driving liscence etc

Put it this way, you go buy a second hand NSR125 for about £500 , you&#39;re 18 and never had a vehicle it will cost you around £200 for 3rd party, probably around £600 fully comp.

You must do a CBT at a cost of Approx £60-80 depending where you live and how far the instrutors need to travel

Any other info just ask

Tax for a 125 is I think £15 per year, MOT fee is £22 I think and fuel, you&#39;d get around 40 miles per gallon, agains depends on what you buy, 2-stroke are less economical than 4-stroke

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by TClite@12 January 2004 - 08:26
    you could buy a bike from halfords for about 100quid, then buy a 2litre ford granada injection engine for about another 300quid, a toolkit for about 50quid, and for a little imagination and some improvised engineering a 1000bhp bike
    If he could figure out how to make a 2 litre Ford Granada engine produce 1000 BHP, money wouldn&#39;t be an issue any longer.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    i&#39;m 19 years old and have been on fully comp insurance for a car for 2 years now (since my 17th birthday). i&#39;ve had a full manual car driving license since i was exactly 17 and a half and i had the provisional license for half a year before that

it sounds pretty cheap, all i&#39;d want it for would be running up and down the road every day
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by clocker+12 January 2004 - 15:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 January 2004 - 15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TClite@12 January 2004 - 08:26
    If he could figure out how to make a 2 litre Ford Granada engine produce 1000 BHP, money wouldn&#39;t be an issue any longer. [/b][/quote]
    Better still take the Ford Granada round a reasonable bend at more than 50mph and you have a two wheel motor vehicle.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+12 January 2004 - 14:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 January 2004 - 14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TClite@12 January 2004 - 08:26
    If he could figure out how to make a 2 litre Ford Granada engine produce 1000 BHP, money wouldn&#39;t be an issue any longer. [/b][/quote]
    i had an idea of running a car engine on pure oxygen, but i don&#39;t know how the internals would cope with that
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I hope Jonno dosnt forget about my &#39;lil &#39;ol promise about a MC tour with me - i&#39;ll be over one day, 1400cc&#39;s between the legs and off we go bro

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #10
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Who got 1400cc&#39;s?...........I only got 1100 and it only accelarates from 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds

Anyday UKdude You can even take her for a spin if you&#39;re a good boy

@Gen......It&#39;s a good idea to get a bike, What sort of bike do you want? Are you worried what style it is?

And are you worried about performance etc?

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast