Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supernode ..what ,where .how...

hi there
    while i was checking the topics out ..i found some one who is taking about supernode and how this shit can fasten ur download and stuff like that ...
    i wanna know what is supernode how to make my self supernode ...

PS: i have satlite connection 2mb/s upload and 2mb/s download and i never i mean ever got download faster than 30kB/s
    halla
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by othmanni@12 January 2004 - 10:35

PS: i have satlite connection 2mb/s upload and 2mb/s download and i never i mean ever got download faster than 30kB/s
    Satellite connections generally have a horrible latency (how quick it can respond back to a message) which makes them poor if not downright awful supernodes.

The numbers of small packets per second may even crash the connection (typically due to poorly-written software drivers for it) despite being WELL inside the connection&#39;s max speed limits.

Give being a supernode a try, but expect to have to reset your connection at least once.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Switeck+12 January 2004 - 21:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 12 January 2004 - 21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@12 January 2004 - 10:35

Satellite connections generally have a horrible latency (how quick it can respond back to a message) which makes them poor if not downright awful supernodes.

The numbers of small packets per second may even crash the connection (typically due to poorly-written software drivers for it) despite being WELL inside the connection&#39;s max speed limits.

Give being a supernode a try, but expect to have to reset your connection at least once. [/b][/quote]
    can some body explain what is wrong with satlite connection in easy english
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by othmanni@14 January 2004 - 09:47
    can some body explain what is wrong with satlite connection in easy english
    It&#39;s because sattellites used for this are 20,000+ miles away and the speed of light is &#39;only&#39; ~186,000 miles/sec.

To send a message TO a sattellite, back to Earth (your ISP&#39;s home base), back TO the sattellite, and back to you means the message has to travel that 20,000+ miles 4 times just to make 1 round trip.

This means nearly instantaneous responses are impssible.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Switeck+15 January 2004 - 00:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 15 January 2004 - 00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@14 January 2004 - 09:47
    can some body explain what is wrong with satlite connection in easy english&nbsp;
    It&#39;s because sattellites used for this are 20,000+ miles away and the speed of light is &#39;only&#39; ~186,000 miles/sec.

To send a message TO a sattellite, back to Earth (your ISP&#39;s home base), back TO the sattellite, and back to you means the message has to travel that 20,000+ miles 4 times just to make 1 round trip.

This means nearly instantaneous responses are impssible. [/b][/quote]
    wat noOoOh man i dont think this is true

Sasser Simple Solution

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by othmanni@16 January 2004 - 07:33
    What part don&#39;t you believe?

Your satellite dish points in a fixed direction, that means whatever it&#39;s pointing at isn&#39;t moving relative to your point of view. And that can ONLY happen for satellites that are about 23,000 miles from earth in Geosynchronous orbit&#33;

The speed of light (in a vaccuum) is about 186,000 miles/sec.

The only connection you have with the internet is through that satellite UNLESS you have a 56k modem as a backup connection. That means everything TO you has to pass through that satellite. For you to message someone and get a reply back requires passing through the satellite TWICE. (once going TO and the reply back FROM them) Since that combined distance is about 92,000 miles, the absolute THEORETICAL best pingtimes you can get are still 500 milliseconds (1/2 second.)

In short, FORGET playing realtime online games on a sat modem...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Ouch..
    Well get cable...
    or ADSL (phoneline + 100 times faster than dial-up)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i&#39;ve got an easy answer, dont use kazaa.

Use bittorent and overnet clean far better than kazaa.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by othmanni@16 January 2004 - 11:33

the physics involved are sound, and I can&#39;t remember Switeck being wrong...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast