Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Id Cards In Britain

99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    What do you guys think of this topic? I personally approve this. Privacy my butt, suppose you go to buy a packet of cigarrettes and they ask you for ID, you wouldn't hesitiate to show them. I think an ID card would be useful for both you or the police.

I don't support the £40 pay to buy one though.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Originally posted by 99shassan@12 January 2004 - 15:38
    suppose you go to buy a packet of cigarrettes and they ask you for ID, you wouldn't hesitiate to show them.
    If you want ID because of people questioning your age then that’s fine, go get some, as the authority’s already do them. But this is just big brother trying to keep a better track on us and making us pay the government more money so they can spend it on saving the world whilst our economy goes to shit along with our NHS, Un-employment problems and the average debt a British citizen is in.

Nice controversial thread tho mate

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by 99shassan@12 January 2004 - 16:38
    What do you guys think of this topic? I personally approve this. Privacy my butt, suppose you go to buy a packet of cigarrettes and they ask you for ID, you wouldn't hesitiate to show them. I think an ID card would be useful for both you or the police.

I don't support the £40 pay to buy one though.
    Ya'll don't have ID's?

That's weird.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I dont agree with 'em.

Not because i want to stay free of Big Brother etc...just coz they dont work.

Ask any other country, that has them....they get false IDs at the end of the street so they can get a drink before they are 21 (yes im talking those drunken US college students..... just like ours, but classed as underage for booze )

If they were secure, then i'd say go ahead...they arent.

Within a week of the 1st ones being issued, you'd be able to get fake ones...probably cheaper than the government wants for legit ones

Thats not security...its a money maker.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Busyman@12 January 2004 - 15:59
    Ya'll don't have ID's?

That's weird. 
    ah but you see the uk really IS the land of the free, about the only thing we have that is more free is the right to carry a gun

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    lol GCHQ know everything about every 1 of us....our mobile phone calls txt messages etc.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@12 January 2004 - 18:07
    lol GCHQ know everything about every 1 of us....our mobile phone calls txt messages etc.
    of course they do..they got all the info from the CIA

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Couldn't they make ID cards with usernames and passwords? it seems to work on the net. i'm not rich but i'd pay £40 if it can't be copied. we arte used to being careful with credit card numbers now, why not ID cards? the big brother fixated people don't have to buy one
    Man U fer eva

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by billyfridge@12 January 2004 - 19:00
    Couldn't they make ID cards with usernames and passwords? it seems to work on the net. i'm not rich but i'd pay £40 if it can't be copied. we arte used to being careful with credit card numbers now, why not ID cards? the big brother fixated people don't have to buy one
    like a user name and password is secure
    that said about the 40 gbp cost...would you be willing to pay if they made the cards compulsory ? i did read Blunketts statement (yes someone in the USA knows the name of the home secretary..or i could just be making an ass off myself) stating that people would gladly pay as they would consider it a fair price.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by vidcc@12 January 2004 - 19:08

like a user name and password is secure    
    that said about the 40 gbp cost...would you be willing to pay if they made the cards compulsory ? i did read Blunketts statement (yes someone in the USA knows the name of the home secretary..or i could just be making an ass off myself) stating that people would gladly pay as they would consider it a fair price.
    I know it's not 100% secure but it would make the forgers job harder, surely
    what would u suggest to make them forgeproof
    Man U fer eva

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast