Thread: 6.13 Update Virus

Every time my friend goes into a server he gets kicked off cuz they say he is sending out this msg for a 6.13 mirc update that is actually a virus. SO he mush have the virus does anyone know how he can get rid of it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Retired
    get a virusscanner.
    update your virusscanner.
    scan your pc with a virusscanner

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    he said norton found nothing so i sent him the link to the nod scanner that paul made

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Retired
    Originally posted by Risknothin@7 January 2004 - 22:03
    he said norton found nothing so i sent him the link to the nod scanner that paul made
    check the download folder of IRC for 'strange' files

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    the 6.13 virus update i saw it on some server .. but never got kicked b/c i dont have it

but as i think there is no such thing and it is prolly a scrip for advertising or something like that .. b.c there is nothing official after the known mIRC 6.12 at the official site
    so he should try a clean installed client of irc .. b.c it might be a script with the old one or something

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Risknothin@7 January 2004 - 23:03
    just have him uninstall it. that solved the problem for me when i accidently did all that shit. he gets kicked also because i read that thing has attack bots in it or some such.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    the damn thing spams the bots. I don't know how to get it off my PC. Iv already been banned from one server already.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    The only thing that worked for me is deleting my whole MIRC folder and cleaning my registry....then reinstall it again.

IT doesn't show up as a virus or trojan, so I don't know what the hell it is.