Thread: Synaptics Touchpad Drivers And Network Conflict

Skeptic's Avatar Poster
    I'm having problems with my Synaptics Touchpad on my laptop after engaging the Internet Connection through my router ...

After every few minutes, this message pops up:

"The advanced features of your touchpad have been disabled because the Synaptics Touchpad driver detected another pointing device plugged into your computer."

However, I don't have any other such device plugged in. The touchpad is the only one I use.

I notice that this message only happens when my Internet Connection is enabled through my router .... and only when the "NDIS driver" has an incoming connection to my laptop. I've only started getting this problem after setting up my network through the router ..

I checked up NDIS and I found out that it is some Networking driver that is used in WinXP ... what I'm wondering is why it should cause conflict with my Touchpad.

I have the lastest version of my Touchpad drivers .... running both Antivirus and a software firewall. My PC manufacturer has no information about this problem on their website.

Plz help ...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skeptic's Avatar Poster
    NVM .... Sorted it out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What did you do?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skeptic's Avatar Poster
    Turns out that this wasn't a problem with my network at all ... well not directly.

My PC manufacturer's Touchpad driver seems to have conflicts with some other applications that load at startup .... particluarly Roxio's GoBack and other apps that work below the OS level ...

I gave up on my manufacturer's site and their "specialized driver" found a generic driver at the Touchpad manufacturer's site .... Synaptics ... so far this seems to be doing the trick.

Hopefully it keeps up

BTW, I've since uninstalled GoBack ... since it's restore feature also seems to be giving other problems on my laptop particularly during bootup ... strange since it works perfectly on my desktop.

Do you know of any other progs that do the same thing?

It works like System Restore .... continuously in the background keeping track of my PC's every move ... and I can restore it to a previous point .... HD, Drivers, Registry and all .. if any problems pop up ... much more efficiently than System Restore.

Any other rival progs that might be up to the task ... I don't like DiskImage or Norton Ghost since they require me to do the backup ... GoBack just keeps running and does everything automatically...