Thread: Fatal Exception On Shutting Down Win98

If I start my computer, don't run Kazaa, I shut down OK. If I start my computer, run Kazaa the shut down encounters a fatal exception at 0000:00010000. This forces me to hard boot the computer & sucks, alot...

Can anyone help?

I'm running Kazaa Lite K++ Version 2.43 on a Win 98 SP2 platform, PIII450 with about 255mg of ram.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Have you run all the Win 98 patches?
    (...Especially the ones concerning abnormal shutdowns.)

How long a gap between when you shut down KL++ and you shut down your computer?

Are there any other programs running in the background that might cause the lockups on shutdown?
    (Basically, just name all the programs running in the background that you recognize.)

Downloaded any good viruses lately? B)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Have you run all the Win 98 patches? Yes - all patches up to date...
    (...Especially the ones concerning abnormal shutdowns.)

How long a gap between when you shut down KL++ and you shut down your computer? Not very long - probably less than one minute... I will try with a longer delay.

Are there any other programs running in the background that might cause the lockups on shutdown?
    (Basically, just name all the programs running in the background that you recognize.)
    I will attempt to empty all system tray icons & also use Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get everything cleared, then go step by step. I will re-post once I have tried. Thanks for the tips.
    Downloaded any good viruses lately? Hopefully not!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    also update your antivirus software, scan for viruses and adaware.