Thread: Ocx And Dll Loading

cselik's Avatar Poster
    i know its a lame question:

what is the sequence of when loading dll's?
    first the current folder, than the %path% or versa?
    when is windows/system looked for dll's?
    i mean if u have 2 dlls with same name which one is gonna be used?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    current folder has priority above the windows system folder

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    try using Dependency Walker. you be surprise what dll get loaded sometimes

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    cselik's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@20 January 2004 - 21:41
    im suprized that it DOES NOT show dlls i wrote and i call from my apps, not even a helloworld dll, and for vb it shows only the msvb60 library, none of external calls.

anyway i think good way is try and run the app in clean win95 (first release), see what you're missing, and copy it to exe's folder. thatway i don't have to worry bout overwriting anything in win\sysyem

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by cselik+20 January 2004 - 23:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cselik @ 20 January 2004 - 23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@20 January 2004 - 21:41
    im suprized that it DOES NOT show dlls i wrote and i call from my apps, not even a helloworld dll, and for vb it shows only the msvb60 library, none of external calls.

anyway i think good way is try and run the app in clean win95 (first release), see what you&#39;re missing, and copy it to exe&#39;s folder. thatway i don&#39;t have to worry bout overwriting anything in win&#092;sysyem [/b][/quote]
    Did you try profiling your app. Just opening the .exe does not always show all dll that get loaded in your app. (ie. Dll files that are loaded on demand/when needed like winamp plugins or printing in some app)