Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Help

im downloading like 200 files at the same time im guessing this is my problem but last night i went to bed with my overall download speed at 100kbps and upload 50kbps now ive gone to check on it again and my uploads are 70kbps and my downloads jumps form 1-20 kbps why is this? to many files downloading at once of am i just waiting in que some of the files are rare som are very avilible am i doing somthing wrong or am i just impatient? :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    What the hell are you going to do with those 200 files?

Anyway yes you're just impatient, remember bandwith doesn't come from mothing and the total download speed of the networks should be the same as the total upload speed. It seems like you yourself have already downloaded a lot more then you uploaded.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Arathorn@13 January 2004 - 11:29
    What the hell are you going to do with those 200 files?

Anyway yes you're just impatient, remember bandwith doesn't come from mothing and the total download speed of the networks should be the same as the total upload speed. It seems like you yourself have already downloaded a lot more then you uploaded.
    so...... mulch......... porkn........tlyping wirth 1 hland...must download

ok thanx so if i dl more than upload than i have to evan it out?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    i closed it then opened it now im connecting better 70kbps to 15kbs :

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    in the long run your ULL ratio will be roughly 1:1. are you uploading at 80% of your upload capacity. it has been my experience that as long as your computer can handle 200 downloads go for it. i used to have excessive problems closing emule when downloading 100+ files. it would hang forever and i would often have to hit reset.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@13 January 2004 - 04:05
    im downloading like 200 files at the same time im guessing this is my problem
    I suggest u cut back ur dl to 20 or 30 simultaneously. If not ur going to start get blacklisted from servers and then ur speed will really slow down — if u can even connect at all.

U can always go into ur preferences and configure to automatically start a paused file when a dl is completed if u wish to queue 200 at a time. If u start going over 30 active dl, however, u will put too much of a burden on the server and most probably be booted from that server for at least 24 hrs.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@13 January 2004 - 02:05
    im downloading like 200 files at the same
    what did your overhead b/w look like?

yeah dude, queue some of those up and resume later
    (if you get blacklisted it'd be harder for us to access those 200 files ya got)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by guit_steel+13 January 2004 - 19:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guit_steel @ 13 January 2004 - 19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrunkeNStylE@13 January 2004 - 04:05
    im downloading like 200 files at the same time im guessing this is my problem
    I suggest u cut back ur dl to 20 or 30 simultaneously. If not ur going to start get blacklisted from servers and then ur speed will really slow down — if u can even connect at all.

U can always go into ur preferences and configure to automatically start a paused file when a dl is completed if u wish to queue 200 at a time. If u start going over 30 active dl, however, u will put too much of a burden on the server and most probably be booted from that server for at least 24 hrs. [/b][/quote]
    where are the prefrances i only see options and there is no prefence in the options ?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    In eMule at files.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    i dont understand i dont see this in the options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast