Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Howard Shipman Found Hanged In Cell

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You are entirely correct. I am biased against puerile insults. You are also correct that I apply these standards as I see fit. Thanks for pointing these things out, people may not have noticed them in my 7 quadzillion previous efforts.[/b]

So, will you be giving the same treatment to GCNAddicts posts? You remember, the one with the 7 inch high letters where he called 1234 an ASSHOLE and a NOOB?

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@
    Really funny the part about judging other peoples posts tho&#39;. Bit of a pot calling the kettle black thing.
    You misunderstand me

I was not criticising the judging of peoples posts per se, I was just pointing out that if you are going to judge, then you should apply your standards equally to all posts regardless of who the author is.

Unless you dont think theres anything wrong with having blatant double standards?

<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol

Oh, sorry meant to say, do you disagree it was a puerile insult. You never said, or perhaps I didn&#39;t pick it up, what with the 76 year old brain getting mushy. [/quote]

GCNAddict made the case that having more stars gives you more rights/ means your have more intelligence or are just generally "better" than those with less stars. I was simply pointing out that his own words proved that theory incorrect.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    funny what happens when im on a bad mood

an apology to all mods out there and all persons who i may have offended

1234 is excluded from the above

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by leftism+15 January 2004 - 00:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism @ 15 January 2004 - 00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You are entirely correct. I am biased against puerile insults. You are also correct that I apply these standards as I see fit. Thanks for pointing these things out, people may not have noticed them in my 7 quadzillion previous efforts.[/b]

So, will you be giving the same treatment to GCNAddicts posts? You remember, the one with the 7 inch high letters where he called 1234 an ASSHOLE and a NOOB?

<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @
    Really funny the part about judging other peoples posts tho&#39;. Bit of a pot calling the kettle black thing.

You misunderstand me

I was not criticising the judging of peoples posts per se, I was just pointing out that if you are going to judge, then you should apply your standards equally to all posts regardless of who the author is.

Unless you dont think theres anything wrong with having blatant double standards?

<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol

Oh, sorry meant to say, do you disagree it was a puerile insult. You never said, or perhaps I didn&#39;t pick it up, what with the 76 year old brain getting mushy. [/quote]

GCNAddict made the case that having more stars gives you more rights/ means your have more intelligence or are just generally "better" than those with less stars. I was simply pointing out that his own words proved that theory incorrect. [/b][/quote]
    So why exactly should I do things the way you say. I think I made it clear that I would apply my standards as I see fit.

Who exactly are you to tell me how I should do things. I do not recall any announcement in relation to your new found authority.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with having blatant double standards. That is how life works. If someone is constantly offensive and aggressive and comes in to work in their normal manner, then they will be treated appropriately.

If someone else is normally pleasant and one day they come in sporting a foul mood, people are more likely to assume that they have a reason. They will make allowances.

In my experience that type of person will return to themselves, normally with an apology and explanation (even if neither is sought). The naturally aggressive leopards spots rarely change.

I treat people in a manner which I deem appropriate. I do not treat everyone the same. I really think this is perfectly obvious, as I have never tried to hide it.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Who exactly are you to tell me how I should do things. I do not recall any announcement in relation to your new found authority.
    [/b]

So following your own logic, who are you to judge me? If you wish to do so then you have to accept the fact that I will treat you in a similar fashion. i.e. I will judge you.

<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol

I treat people in a manner which I deem appropriate. I do not treat everyone the same. I really think this is perfectly obvious, as I have never tried to hide it.
    [/quote]

I treat people according to their actions and try to apply the same standards to everyone.

Your standards are based on favouritism, not fairness. e.g. You&#39;ve stated that j2k4 has done nothing wrong by saying that 1234 has "affected victimhood" because one of his family was murdered by Shipman.

Yet if I made the same accusation against someone who&#39;s family member died in the WTC you would not take the same stance. You may think theres nothing wrong with that, but I think its appalling and means you have no right to judge anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    This has gone way off topic and this arguement, in my opinion is unfitting for this type of thread.

As JPol said, people get upset at different things..

1234 has every right to get upset, i may have in his position...however, I believe j2k4 has appologised for any offence he gave.

Every other post since then just seems to be inflaming the situation, and especially GCNaddict... those insults were uncalled for, you had nothing to do with the arguement.

I think its time this thread was closed.

You lot want to argue and call each other...do it in the lounge.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    To each their own.

My position is clear, as is yours.

Take care and God bless
    I&#39;ll just add this that JPol was posting when i closed the thread..

Now...Closed

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345