Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Geforce Vs. Ati Radeon

BANNED
    Excuse me..... faster? What do you mean a card is faster? So cards can run? Oh you mean like ATI's have NOS and nVidia's don't? How much HP does each have?

So ATI's would win in a Drag race?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i have an hightech ati radeon 9200se 128mb and im pretty happy, not done much gaming, its a new pc. and pretty busy at the mo, but it can run simpsons hit and run perfectly on default settings, and it looks pretty cheap, i got mine for around £37

edit: also i think there may have been a prob with the drivers that came with it or something, as the card crashed on my dad, but nothings happedned since i updated the drivers to the latest ones.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    @DWk
    Yep... ATI cards have more HP than nVidia cards... But the ATI drivers are crappy, so you can't play all games, or with bugs, so you have to wait till they release a bug-fix. That's ATI biggest prob now. The hardware itself is exelent

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by StyleWarz@13 January 2004 - 17:44
    @DWk
    Yep... ATI cards have more HP than nVidia cards... But the ATI drivers are crappy, so you can't play all games, or with bugs, so you have to wait till they release a bug-fix. That's ATI biggest prob now. The hardware itself is exelent
    I've never had problems with any of my ATi cards in any games, and gaming is the number one use of my PC. My 9500 even played MGS2 perfectly before they released the ATi patch.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i got the 3fx voodoo 6 it does u canot fuck with it

its baaaaad

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+13 January 2004 - 17:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 13 January 2004 - 17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StyleWarz@13 January 2004 - 17:44
    @DWk
    Yep... ATI cards have more HP than nVidia cards... But the ATI drivers are crappy, so you can&#39;t play all games, or with bugs, so you have to wait till they release a bug-fix. That&#39;s ATI biggest prob now. The hardware itself is exelent&nbsp;
    I&#39;ve never had problems with any of my ATi cards in any games, and gaming is the number one use of my PC. My 9500 even played MGS2 perfectly before they released the ATi patch. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m happy for you... But more than 7 million games had to wait 2 weeks before ATI release a bug-fix for Call Of Duty before they were able to play...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    ati alwayes all the way

its faster comparitively and lighter on the pocket

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    I think the best would be if nVidia would colaborate with ATI.That would make a perfect harmony of speed & performance

I can almost see it:
    nVidia + ATI = nVidi ATI-Force 9900 FX 512 MB RDRAM

I know , i know ... I&#39;m crazy B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    BANNED
    Originally posted by StyleWarz@13 January 2004 - 10:44
    @DWk
    Yep... ATI cards have more HP than nVidia cards... But the ATI drivers are crappy, so you can&#39;t play all games, or with bugs, so you have to wait till they release a bug-fix. That&#39;s ATI biggest prob now. The hardware itself is exelent
    WTF are you talking about? HP=HorsePower

Are you actually saying that an ATI card has more HORSEPOWER than an nVidia card?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DWk+13 January 2004 - 18:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk &#064; 13 January 2004 - 18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StyleWarz@13 January 2004 - 10:44
    @DWk
    Yep... ATI cards have more HP than nVidia cards... But the ATI drivers are crappy, so you can&#39;t play all games, or with bugs, so you have to wait till they release a bug-fix. That&#39;s ATI biggest prob now. The hardware itself is exelent
    WTF are you talking about? HP=HorsePower

Are you actually saying that an ATI card has more HORSEPOWER than an nVidia card? [/b][/quote]
    @ Stylewarz: its the other way around

@ DWK: i agree with u

an interesting point to make: as resolutions get higher (with ALL games) fsaa and asf rates favor nVidia rather than ATI. Why? cuz nVidia has the horsies to pull the high rates off&#33;

the core in the nVidia chips is not flawed: they just have more resources devoted to speed than to fsaa+asf

to add to the mystical-ness of life: 2xQ fsaa on the nVidia chips gives EXACTLY THE SAME OUTPUT as standard 4x&#33; im surprised to see that they dont ude this method of ASF in their benchmarks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast