Thread: Why Not Include Mpc Instead Of Avi Preview?

I think Media Player Classic is much more powerfull than AVI Preview and can also preview Avi, Mpeg... It would be nice if someone include it inside K-Lite package.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    well i just tried previewing a partial AVI and Mpc wouldn't play it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    The Reverand's Avatar www.gamufi.com
    I also think AVI Preview should be made redundant. It hardly plays any partial files (even a lot of .avi files refuse to play) and I'm getting fed up with the error messages everytime. I use VideoLAN instead which does the job great, VideoLAN should be made the standard.
    www.gamufi.com/forums
    www.getfirefox.com
    www.outfoxed.com
    4MB/384

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Originally posted by The Reverand@13 January 2004 - 21:48
    I also think AVI Preview should be made redundant. It hardly plays any partial files (even a lot of .avi files refuse to play) and I'm getting fed up with the error messages everytime. I use VideoLAN instead which does the job great, VideoLAN should be made the standard.
    Hello!

I greatly dissagree!

Most files do play with Avi Preview but those who dont you should use VLC for!.

The reason that Avi Preview should remain included in tha package is that it has better basic playback controll functions and also such a basic thing as showing how long the clicp is that you are playing is important information. VLC does not even have that capability to show the length of the file beeing played it is pathetic for that reason. But VLC is ofcourse better at playing all sorts of files and should be used for those that Avi Preview does not play or plays incorrectly. There is no reason fo including it if you like your files to be previewed with VLC then just add it as a Tool in Kazaa Lite 2.4.3. Do the following:

From the Options menu select KL Extra/extended options(not sure what it is called in english version I have swedish version)

Select Toolsmenu

and click the add button and here you can add VLC to the options of selectable Preview options when for instance right clicking a file in the Traffic area and select Preview with>

Now both Avi Preview and VLC will be there as options to choose from.

So no need to add VLC as part of the bundle since most people using Kazaa has it already.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    The AVI Preview has always worked OK for me.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    edited cause i was trying to send a pm when the database went to back up mode..
    sorry for the info about cracking...lol