Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aids

hey, yeah, i know this might sound stupid, but for some reason, i never really understood how that shit works.....like, i know that it's like some disease that you can't cure and you get it from having sex with people that have it, but how does it originally start? like, is it caused from just fucking around with a lot of people and some shit forms inside of you becuase of that or something? and what is true or not true about it getting spread on other people.....can people who have it spread it to others by like just mutually kissing or something?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@14 January 2004 - 03:33
    hey, yeah, i know this might sound stupid, but for some reason, i never really understood how that shit works.....like, i know that it's like some disease that you can't cure and you get it from having sex with people that have it, but how does it originally start? like, is it caused from just fucking around with a lot of people and some shit forms inside of you becuase of that or something? and what is true or not true about it getting spread on other people.....can people who have it spread it to others by like just mutually kissing or something?
    Spread via semen and blood.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+14 January 2004 - 03:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 14 January 2004 - 03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikenmike0001@14 January 2004 - 03:33
    hey, yeah, i know this might sound stupid, but for some reason, i never really understood how that shit works.....like, i know that it&#39;s like some disease that you can&#39;t cure and you get it from having sex with people that have it, but how does it originally start? like, is it caused from just fucking around with a lot of people and some shit forms inside of you becuase of that or something? and what is true or not true about it getting spread on other people.....can people who have it spread it to others by like just mutually kissing or something?
    Spread via semen and blood. [/b][/quote]
    ........and vaginal fluid. Eat pussy with a dental dam damnit&#33;&#33;&#33;
    ......also through deep kissing and bad periodontal (gum) disease
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #4
    You are right busybody, vaginal secretions are also a source.

It is interesting that non-circumsized men have a much higher incidence of getting the disease.

Why?

The layer of foreskin next to the penis is very thin and allows a much easier passage of the virus. Men who are circumsized don&#39;t have this and are much, much less likely to get contract the disease from women or men.

I saw this on TV, can&#39;t remember the exact show.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@14 January 2004 - 03:21
    ........and vaginal fluid. Eat pussy with a dental dam damnit&#33;&#33;&#33;
    is that a serving suggestion?

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    for answers to a question like that go to one of the official govermental health dept. sites, that way you will get facts and not folklore to every question you have

hiv facts

Basic Facts about HIV and AIDS
    The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) which causes AIDS is transmitted through body fluids in particular blood, semen, vaginal secretions and breast milk. Transmission of HIV takes place in four ways:
    unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected partner (the most common);
    sharing needles when injecting or other use of contaminated injection or other skin- piercing equipment;
    blood and blood products through, for example, infected transfusions and organ or tissue transplants,
    transmission from infected mother to child in the womb or at birth and breastfeeding.
    HIV is not transmitted by casual physical contact, coughing, sneezing and kissing, by sharing toilet and washing facilities, by using eating utensils or consuming food and beverages handled by someone who has HIV; it is not spread by mosquitoes or other insect bites.

HIV weakens the human body&#39;s immune system, making it difficult to fight infection. A person may live for ten years or more after infection, much of this time without symptoms or sickness, although they can still transmit the infection to others. Early symptoms of AIDS include:
    chronic fatigue, diarrhoea, fever, mental changes such as memory loss, weight loss, persistent cough, severe recurrent skin rashes, herpes and mouth infections, and swelling of the lymph nodes.

Opportunistic diseases such as cancers, meningitis, pneumonia and tuberculosis may also take advantage of the body&#39;s weakened immune system.

There is no cure for AIDS. Although periods of illness may be interspersed with periods of remission, AIDS is almost always fatal. Research is currently under way into vaccines, but none is viable as yet. Antiretroviral drugs are available that slow the progression of the disease and prolong life; at present these are very expensive and consequently unavailable to most people with HIV in the developing world, but the situation is changing rapidly.

HIV is a fragile virus, which can only survive in a limited range of conditions. It can only enter the body through naturally moist places and cannot penetrate unbroken skin. Prevention therefore involves ensuring that there is a barrier to the virus, for example condoms, and that skin-piercing equipment is not contaminated.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    okay, i skimmed through it quick, but like, .you can only get it, let&#39;s say, when you have sex and the guy drills his dick into the girl, and the secretions just sink through your skin and you get it or something? so kissing and having your saliva and all that won&#39;t transfer the virus right? i wonder how that aids virus gets started anyways? does it just pop up out of nowhere? i mean, let&#39;s say you have like 10 people, and they just started to have sex with each other like several times switching off....if they were originally clean, then no matter how many times they have sex with each other, that virus can&#39;t get formed or created right?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    you can get get aids or hiv from kissing.

example...... they have hiv and kiss you with an open cut in the mouth but it is unlikely to catch aids or hiv from kissing so they say...................

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@15 January 2004 - 05:51
    okay, i skimmed through it quick, but like, .you can only get it, let&#39;s say, when you have sex and the guy drills his dick into the girl, and the secretions just sink through your skin and you get it or something? so kissing and having your saliva and all that won&#39;t transfer the virus right? i wonder how that aids virus gets started anyways? does it just pop up out of nowhere? i mean, let&#39;s say you have like 10 people, and they just started to have sex with each other like several times switching off....if they were originally clean, then no matter how many times they have sex with each other, that virus can&#39;t get formed or created right?
    When you have sex there are two main ways to catch it through your penis.

1. The opening where you urinate and ejaculate. This is not often the case though because you are constantly secreting seminal fluid and usually you urinate after sex therefore making infection less likely.

2. When you have sex, your penis get abrasions. The abrasions are openings with which the virus can travel and infect you.

If 10 people are screwing and none of them have HIV then none of them can get AIDS.

Who&#39;s at risk? (from least to greatest; single folks)

1. Celibate person

2. Lesbian

3. Heterosexual male

4. Heterosexual female

5. Gay male

6. Intravenous drug user
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    oh ic, abrasions, you mean, like bruises and cuts? ...okay, so you&#39;re just saying like blood to blood transfers will spread the virus onto other people....so if someone is infected and drinks a cup of water and then passes it to me and i end up drinking that same cup of water....again, based on what you guys are saying, then nothing will happen.....even if they like drool all over it or cough or something.......

how about those other std stuff? i don&#39;t want like pictures to gross me out, but just a little short thing about how each thing occurs..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast