Thread: Rainbow 6 Raven Shield

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i have raven shield, but for some reason, i got no voices in my game. i have sound, like gunfire, explosions, shit like that, but no dialog, and i know there is dialog in the game, cuz i played it before, so i just figure my game is messed up. my game is retail. any suggestions?

2. Games   -   #2
    If your game is retail you can exchange it for a duplicate.

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by Global Media Trader@14 January 2004 - 10:41
    no once PC games are open you cant trade them in + when he didnt say when he bought it hell he could have bought it

anyway you can get it off suprnova.org prolly

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Alternatively, try disabling virtualisation, and 3d sound from the option/sound menu. The former killed a lot of sounds on mine for some reason, disabling it again fixed it. Oh, and stupid as it may sound, check the voice volume is set up.

Rule 1 of troubleshooting : assume the other guy is a complete idiot, even if they're not.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by Project E-01@14 January 2004 - 12:37
    Alternatively, try disabling virtualisation, and 3d sound from the option/sound menu. The former killed a lot of sounds on mine for some reason, disabling it again fixed it. Oh, and stupid as it may sound, check the voice volume is set up.

Rule 1 of troubleshooting : assume the other guy is a complete idiot, even if they're not.
    ill give it a shot. i just figured my game was messed up, cuz i played it once, and i heard the guys talking, saying like "tango down" and shit, then i played it again about an hour later, and no voices. i kept shutting it off and starting again, and i even un-installed it and re-installed it still nothing. thanks for the help, ill post if that works or not

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1+14 January 2004 - 14:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stonecoldfreak1 @ 14 January 2004 - 14:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Global Media Trader@14 January 2004 - 10:41
    no once PC games are open you cant trade them in + when he didnt say when he bought it hell he could have bought it

anyway you can get it off suprnova.org prolly [/b][/quote]
    not true....it depends on where you live....in Minnesota, you can exchange the game for the same game w/i 15 days.

some other place you can even return the game

7. Games   -   #7
    i got sound back by going to [ start - run "dxdiag" - and clicking the sound tab, then lowering the hardware acceleration one notch. so i guess my game is fine, so far

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    lowering hardware acceleration? er... that shouldn&#39;t be happening. :eek:

9. Games   -   #9
    i agree, but its working now. i have the soundblaster audigy2 zs soundcard. beats me, but it works