Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All My Downloads R Really Slow...what Should I Do?

Oh ok thanks i will try that and see if it works

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    I have paused everything except 2 downloads....one is still connecting and the other is going at 8kb/s Thanks so much at least it is going faster then 0.__kb/s

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    OK, about the red X's in your search results. This is tricky. You are most likely using a router to share your ISP between multiple computers at your home. KaZaa doesn't like routers at all. What you need to do is read in your router manual about forwarding ports and forward the port that KaZaa uses. You can find out what this port is in the KaZaa Options menu on the Firewall tab. Once you have that port forwarded in your router configuration, you will have to download and run KaNat. KaNat is a program that overcomes KaZaa's hatred of routers and will clear up all those red X's in your search results. Each of those search results with a red X in it are people that are sharing the file but you can't connect to them because of the way your internet connection is configured. You can find out more information about KaNat and port forwarding at this web page:

http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/

There are also several threads in these forums that talk about configuring your router to do port forwarding. Look around and read up on the subject.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    If someone is uploading and it is going at 5kb/s is that good for me or bad?

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Does that KaNAT make the downloads faster? Because I am counfused by what it does. btw the download is only going at 3kb now

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I can't really say if it is good or bad about the upload unless I know how your ISP has your connection configured. In general, 1 upload at 5KB/sec isn't going to slow you down all that much.

About KaNAT...This program is essential if you have a router. All those red X's in your search results are people that have the file you are looking for but you can't connect to them to download because of the way your internet connection is configured. KaNAT and configuring your router to forward the port KaZaa uses help to get rid of those red X's and let you connect to those people. Once you have your connection configured properly, all those red X's disappear and you will be able to download from all those. What this means is that you will have more potential people to get the file from and your downloads have a better chance of going faster.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    So do I just download KaNAT and thats it or do I have to do something more with it?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Reading Comprehension is your FRIEND! You have to configure your router to forward the port KaZaa uses AND use KaNAT.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    If you see red X's in KL++ searches, then you ARE firewalled! Being firewalled means you cannot download from anyone else who is also firewalled! And that's practically EVERYONE on broadband connections who has a router.

KaNAT works with routers by tricking Kazaa/KL++ into thinking the router isn't there. However, in order to get it to work you have to have a fixed LAN ip address for your computer AND have the router port-forward KL++'s used ip port to that ip address AND run KaNAT so it can constantly replace LAN ip with WAN ip.

You may also need to disable/reconfigure any firewall programs (even the firewall built-into Win XP) or you'll STILL be firewalled in KL++ if you have a firewall program running.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123