Thread: Which Server? Help! Plz

Hi,
    I am using emule and as I understand it, you can only get files from people that are connected to the same server you are connected to e.g. Razorback.
    If this is correct, does anyone know of a way to find out which server has people connected that are serving a specific file (a rare file for example). I have had some files in my transfer list for a long time (days and days) with no progress and I believe this may be due to the server that I am connected to.

Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks alot
    Savior118

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Try S.E.D.G

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Try www.jigle.com With that site you can find out on what server there are most sources for it.

Remember however that in eMule you get most sources from other servers through source exchange.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by savior118@14 January 2004 - 13:35
    as I understand it, you can only get files from people that are connected to the same server you are connected to
    after 18 months of using emule i am convinced it doesn't make a difference what server you connect to. each of your downloads will seek out all sources from all servers. right now i am connected to ### Die Saugstube ### and i am downloading files from people on many different servers. To see this for yourself double click one of your downloads, choose a user who has the status transferring, select show details and their server name will be listed.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    some servers put sharing restrictions on, eg max 1000 files, and also limit amount of conncurrent connections, i would go for dateattack.de

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by savior118@14 January 2004 - 07:35
    I am using emule and as I understand it, you can only get files from people that are connected to the same server you are connected to e.g. Razorback.
    It doesn't matter what server u've connected to; if u stay connected, emule will search the entire network as it updates sources.

That said, Razorback and SEDG r my first options at start-up.

:rtfaq: http://emuleplus.info/forum/index.php?showforum=23
    This is a good FAQ. Some of the commands r Plus specific, but the overall concepts apply to all mods.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    it is simple. use a server which has the most users online and the most files.

the usual ones i connect to are:

Razorback
    Jika
    Korea Only
    CHN

Good files and ppl with fast connections in the far east