Thread: Software To Add A Small Bar To The Top Of Screen

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i have DU meter installed, which i find useful for monitoring my connection, set to "always on top-text only mode" and i have QCD player set to always on top too, now this is practical mostly, however id like a way to have these so they dont interfere with the top bar of my apps, maybe something similar to the system tray, but with built in buttons for forward, pause, a volume control and the song title, and a built in DU meter would also be cool

i want the two of them out of the way:

does anyone have any ideas? i only want something small and lightweight, i tried a whole shell replacement and it was awful to say the least.

cheers
    <insert signature here>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    you can change the alpha collor of DU meter and also you don&#39;t have to put DU meter on top of your screen

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    well ive found a skin for qcd which is a bit smaller, and resized du meter a little, but i cant find anywhere to put them that isnt in the way...

my other thought - is there a prog similar to du meter which will allow me to have the numbers displayed in the system tray? maybe taking up 2 spaces, i dont mind that. (kinda similar to cacheman, if you know this app)
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    As for your &#39;bar at the top question&#39; you can simply use WindowsXP for that.
    For example right click on the taskbar, select &#39;Toolbars&#39;->&#39;Links&#39;. Then drag the new part to the top of the screen. It will automatically dock to the top of your screen.

My setup:

You can add all sorts of things of course, for example you can use the Media Player Toolbar in the top bar. (simply right-click and select the toolbar you want)
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    NotoriousBIC where did you get your wallpaper from. cool looking.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Dodgy knees
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@14 January 2004 - 18:08
    As for your &#39;bar at the top question&#39; you can simply use WindowsXP for that.
    For example right click on the taskbar, select &#39;Toolbars&#39;->&#39;Links&#39;. Then drag the new part to the top of the screen. It will automatically dock to the top of your screen.

My setup:

You can add all sorts of things of course, for example you can use the Media Player Toolbar in the top bar. (simply right-click and select the toolbar you want)
    B) Can you give us a link for your wallpaper? B)