Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Question... But I Need Advice.

Poster
    Your Tv channels are only good and clear if the antenna is set up correct if it isn't the picture is maybe snowy or as lines etc.This is the same for the Vcr to Tv you have to tune the Vcr to get the best picture/sound you can on the Tv.

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    All my TV Channels are ultra-clear and vibrant. It's just the VCR Channel that has lines on it. Theres a dial on the VCR For a Soft/Hard picture, it's set in the middle. will that do anything? (The middle is the default)

If the console RCA Out is going to the VCR RCA In, and the VCR RF Out is going into a TV RF-IN, will the game still be played with RCA Picture quality? OR will it be reduced to RF?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

3. Games   -   #13
    Poster

All my TV Channels are ultra-clear and vibrant. It's just the VCR Channel that has lines on it. Theres a dial on the VCR For a Soft/Hard picture, it's set in the middle. will that do anything? (The middle is the default)
    No this is only for when a tape is playing.

If the console RCA Out is going to the VCR RCA In, and the VCR RF Out is going into a TV RF-IN, will the game still be played with RCA Picture quality? OR will it be reduced to RF?
    Reduced to Rf signal I'am afraid like you said it works but not the best but playable.
    The reason for the Rca's is to get over the pal to ntsc problem.
    Take the antenna out of the Vcr for now it may be too strong a signal which in turn will give you a worse picture don't forget to put it back in for your channels later,Vcr's have a booster signal bulit in to them worth a try.

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    So would taking out the aerial give better quality? I'd like to be able to play games with the best picture quality available and I heard that RCA Gives better picture quality than RF.

I spent about 3 days totally tweaking my TV settings.

Brightness - 40/70
    Contrast - 70/70
    Color - 58/70

Looks the best.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    I can't total say that it would reason is I don't have your setup try it you have nothing to lose but MAYBE something to gain.

I heard that RCA Gives better picture quality than Rf
    Rca does give a better picture but you can only get your MAIN picture on the Tv via Rf.

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    So If I dont use the VCR Aerial, but I use RCA In, RF Out on it, I might get better picture quality than just RF In on a TV?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    Maybe I mean you don't need the VCR Aerial your just after the picture from the Vcr from your game(s) console(s) aerials can give you poor quality IF they are not setup right or your in a bad reception area.

8. Games   -   #18
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    *rubs head in confusion*

Ok, think plumbing. Your RCA has what.. three pipes? and your RF only has the one. Somewhere along the line, somethings gonna get lost in order to fit that three into that one - and it's gonna be quality. If you fine tune your TV, you can get a better picture outta'it, but its still not going to be the best it can be. Thats why my suggestion was 'get a new tv'. =]

Still, good to hear you got it going. "input select", huh? VCR must be a little older than you said it was...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12