Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Could This Still Happen?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    security issue

So in an effort to become more secure we fingerprint foriegners, yet the frontline security in washington allows a man from the sudan (probably a code red passenger in the new category system that all airlines have to produce on all passengers flying into the states from next month) onto a flight carrying ammunition.
    he didn't have a gun admittedly and the amunition on its own posed no threat but that's not the point..it is still a major flaw in security when we are expecting other nations to be watertight. What if he was a terroist and had an insider hide a gun on the aircraft?
    this is not a rant about the fingerprinting but it is scary non the less

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    I suspect that if someone were found with a gun, whether he had ammunition or not, it would be considered a security risk.

However your point of the double standard is well made.

It appears that the US authorities are going to great lengths to ensure security regarding those who enter the country. However those leaving seem not to be so well scrutinized.

Perhaps they have assessed that a plane leaving the country is of no threat to you, even if it is flying through your airspace.

Or perhaps they feel no need to protect UK citizens, whilst protecting their own. That of course is their prerogative, however it does seem to indicate a rather sudden loss of collective short term memory.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    http://www.news24houston.com/content/top_s....asp?ArID=22056

Soldier kicked off flight for packing land mine
    1/10/2004 6:59 PM
    By: Associated Press

Denver-(AP) -- An Army sergeant was kicked off an American Airlines plane waiting to fly to Texas after an inert land mine was found in his checked baggage.

The man was released by Denver police, but the airline refused to allow him aboard his flight to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

The Transportation Safety Administration says screeners yesterday noticed the land mine and pulled the bag from the luggage system at Denver International Airport.

The dud mine was confiscated.

The 24-year-old soldier, whose name was not released, could face civil penalties for trying to put a prohibited item aboard a flight. No criminal charges are expected.

Officials say the soldier apparently had been on active duty in Korea and was on leave in Colorado.

American is based in Fort Worth.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    I would like to know when he acquired the bullets. If he had them all the time what exactly did they do at Heathrow, that we did not do here, that would be informative.

Don't think we are to lax Jpol, I got to watch my mother be frisked randomly by airport security and they did a dedicated shoe inspection. I always had my doubts about my alleged "mother", but she has since scolded me for "profiling" mothers.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 January 2004 - 13:48
    I would like to know when he acquired the bullets. If he had them all the time what exactly did they do at Heathrow, that we did not do here, that would be informative.

Don't think we are to lax Jpol, I got to watch my mother be frisked randomly by airport security and they did a dedicated shoe inspection. I always had my doubts about my alleged "mother", but she has since scolded me for "profiling" mothers.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 January 2004 - 23:48
    Don't think we are to lax Jpol,
    I am a tad concerned now, I was previously unaware of the verb to lax. Should I be worried.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+14 January 2004 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 14 January 2004 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 January 2004 - 23:48
    Don&#39;t think we are to lax Jpol,
    I am a tad concerned now, I was previously unaware of the verb to lax. Should I be worried.[/b][/quote]
    This bulletin just in:

A man with 5 bullets concealed in a Pez dispenser threatened the K-lite board. Although the arrival of the Mods scared him away, he did manage to escape with the letter "o".

A victimized Hobbes, wept uncontrollably to police as he described the abduction of his letter. All he could say was, "How will I ever live this typo down?".

An undisclosed Mod stated, "There is only one other member who shares this level of embarassment and I will refer Hobbes accordingly, and perhaps they can talk this through.

Warning level, for moderating porpoises
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The bottom line is there will ALWAYS be security holes.

One cannot link fingerprinting with sneaking ammunition on a plane.
    The are BOTH security issues and different ones nonetheless.
    Sneaking ammo is a far more grievous and immediate risk though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    There is also a thing called Sod&#39;s Law.

If a politician says he will clamp down on under age drinking then that very weekend Sod ensures his kids will be caught in a pub.

In this case there was a song and dance about incoming security so Sod (aka Murphy) had no option but to apply his law and highlight outgoing security.

The Universe truly is a strange and mysterious place.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+15 January 2004 - 01:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 15 January 2004 - 01:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@14 January 2004 - 23:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @14 January 2004 - 23:48
    Don&#39;t think we are to lax Jpol,

I am a tad concerned now, I was previously unaware of the verb to lax. Should I be worried.
    This bulletin just in:

A man with 5 bullets concealed in a Pez dispenser threatened the K-lite board. Although the arrival of the Mods scared him away, he did manage to escape with the letter "o".

A victimized Hobbes, wept uncontrollably to police as he described the abduction of his letter. All he could say was, "How will I ever live this typo down?".

An undisclosed Mod stated, "There is only one other member who shares this level of embarassment and I will refer Hobbes accordingly, and perhaps they can talk this through.

Warning level, for moderating porpoises[/b][/quote]

I manage t get the wee peek and discvered that it was sufficiently lw.

Ripping the pish therefre became a duty rather than a right.

We will catch the vwel thief if we all wrk tgether. This is the thin end of ther wedge, what wuld happn if we lst e.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast