2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    up.
    Help please.
    -Allan

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    AN7.

It has the Ultra chipset so it supports dual channel ram which theoretically doubles the memory bandwidth (as long as you've actually got dual channel ram).
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    both have dual channel DDR. Umm the AN7 has a microprocessor called the GURU to keep the load off your main processor when monitoring stuff.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ive read a lot about the nf7 being a really good overclocking mobo...not seen so much about the an7
    Thermaltake Xaser III
    Antec Truepower 430W
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0
    AMD Barton 2800+ (@ 3200+)
    Aero 7+
    1Gb PC3200 Twinmos Dual Channel (@ 6,3,3,2)
    Sapphire 9800Xt
    2x WD 120Gb Sata in Raid 0
    Plextor DVD-Rom 16x
    Lite-On CD-RW 52x32x52x
    ADI 19" P900 CRT

3dMark03 = 6326
    Aquamark = 43767

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    The NF7-S does NOT support dual channel ddr.

It has 2 single channel ddr controllers, which is not the same thing. However, it may perform just as well as true dual channel ddr.
    But I doubt it otherwise Nvidia would not have bothered with the Ultra chipset.

The AN7 also has integrated Firewire and Lan, depends whether you need those.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    disregard the above post, it is not true
    The NF7-S does support dual channel DDr as i have that specific mobo and it is written directly on the box. and also it has both lan and firewire as well
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    lynx follow your sig dude. The nf7-S comes with both firewire and lan as does it come with dual channel ddr. my friend just bought it. you must be thinking of version 1 not version 2

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    NF7-S

Read it for yourselves, dickheads. Read the full specification.

It quite clearly says it has dual controllers, not a dual controller. That means 2 controllers, not one controller which supports dual-channel.

But you are right about the lan and firewire, they weren't mentioned on the overview, and I too hadn't bothered to look at the full spec.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    how was i being a "dickhead"?? i just simply pointed out two mistakes you made, with the firewire and with the lan, nothin mean about it
    you just pointed out a mistake i made as well...does pointing out mistakes make you a dickhead? cuz if so, so are you
    just relax
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast