Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reviewworld

Devil May cry
    10/10

One of the best playstation 2 games to come out is Capcom’s Devil May Cry. Capcom has really done it this time taking a huge step out of the survive/ horror series that is Resident evil (2, 3, and 0). The story tells of a devil hunter named Dante who has the blood of human and the blood of a demon. His mother human (name not given) but his father the legendary dark knight Sparda was a demon warrior that defeated evil two millennia ago single handedly. And after the death of his father and the evil sealed away the real action picks up. It is two-thousand years later and the evil has unsealed it self and the only one left to protect the world is Sparda’s son.

Gameplay 10/10

This is one of the few games that make killing fun. Running around with an array of swords, flaming gloves and guns, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. With the ability to transform into an even more power form called a devil trigger. Once you get the Alastor you will be able to turn into your demon form which is far superior to your normal state. Depending on the weapon you will have either super lighting speed or super fire strength. Even thought the game play is basic (run, kill, and story) devil may cry have added power-ups to increase your fun and power though out the story. There are little red orbs called red orbs that are used for money to purchase certain items during the game, some to replenish your energy and others give you new powers for your weapons.

Story 10/10

In this game capcoms has put you in a different situation compared to the other survival horror games. In this game you are the monster aka devil seeking to rid the world of an evil that is about to be reborn. Most of the story takes place in a island call malette island. There isn’t much of a story in this game which makes it good. Most games these days have to much story and it makes the Gameplay too short (Metal Gear Solid 2).

Sound 10/10
    I am not a big fan of rock and roll, but if I was I would like the music in this game. The thing that makes the sound/ music in this game great is the accuracy of when to play the right music. For example at the beginning of the game. You don’t know what you’re up against and the enemies in the games are still a mystery the play this low tone music that suppose to be scary (to a five year old maybe), but once you come up to your first enemy they play fast paces music that stays in tune with the action that makes the game fun to play and.

Overall 10/10
    Overall like I said this is one of the best games to come out for the ps2. Even thought the hack and slash genre has not been a fan favorite other that LOTR: TT and LOTR: ROTK since the old Snes and Sega days. This game combines all of the aspect of a great game, lots of Gameplay, great story, lots of reply, and overall good music and sound.

Buy or rent
    This is a definite buy mostly because it will take you more than five days to beat all the difficulty levels in the game even if you are a all time pro.

ICO

2/10

Puzzles, Puzzles, and more Puzzles. This is one of the worst games I have ever bought it is just awful in many ways.

Gameplay 1/10
    First of all there are like a few enemies in this game which it kind of repetitive but that is only one of the many problems that this game has. ICO the only good thing that this game has going for it is the large scale areas and vast mountains in the background. That’s the only reason that this game got a 1 at all. For the most part of the game you are lead this women (by holding her hand) in and out the game. Without spoiling the plot of the game I cant give that much info.

Sound 0/10
    Well what I can say about the language, nothing much cause there is not English. Yep that’s right neither your character nor the women speak English. Even they don’t speak the same language. There is no music in this (well as far as I got there was none). This makes the game not fun at all.

Replay 1/10

Even though this game is very stupid and really has no point. The only reason that you will play this game again is to see the great complex sutures that occupies this game.

Buy or Rent
    I will say that you should rent this game and take it back the same day cause its really boring and I hate it.

Grand Truismo 3 9/10
    (Note: I hate simulation racing games)

First of all I hate simulation racing game, but this game surprise me. This game goes beyond what I thought ps2 could do. This is one of the racing games that actually take skill and precise driving skills to win.

Gameplay 10/10

This is the best part of the game. It is divided into two main parts Arcade (basically a quick way to race with out having to fix up your car or go deep in the game to get a fast car. The other mode in this game is called simulation. This is where the most fun part of the game starts. Simulation starts you off with like 20,000 credits (game money also knows as &#036. At the start your are only limited to a certain amount cars due to the lack money. If you’re a veteran GT racer you know that the first thing to do is get the licenses. They are the only way that you can qualify for the big races which put out a lot of money.

Looks 10/10
    Compared to its predecessor this is unbelievable superb in every way. This is one of the few games that push the ps2 to its limits.

Sound 9/10

Well its hard to say whether the music is good or not. It all depends what kind of music you like. I wouldn’t know all the music in the game cause once you are in game the game and the engine is roaring you can hardly hear any music (hence that’s why its 9/10) , which is a good thing and also a bad thing depends on whether you like the song played or not.

Reply 0/10 (good thing not bad)

The reason that the reply is so low is because the game takes sooooo long to beat, you will never want to see this game again. I got this game when it first came out and well I still haven’t completed it, only because I play like thirty minuets a day.

Madden 2002 10/10

Another year another season. If you’re familiar with the madden series then you already know to expect greatness from this game. Unlike is future counter-parts Madden 2003 and 2004 this game didn’t have any general features to set it apart form other for other games. Or is there.

Gameplay 10/10
    This is where the game really takes off. Over the Madden has made itself one of the best football simulations up to date with its Gameplay. The strange thing about the Gameplay is that there is nothing new. There are new tackles and all but other that there’s nothing new. So why is it so good? One of the most common things in sports games today is the franchise mode or career mode what ever you want to call it. Basically you just play with your team from season to season and watch how their skill grows.

Sound 10/10

Well the sound is what to be expected with the occasional offch and puchh there’s really nothing that makes the sound good and nothing to really make it bad.

Buy or Rent

I would say that this is a buy for a hard-core football fan. And it’s a good buy since it only cost like $19.99 it’s a great buy. If your looking for an even greater football sim get NFL 2004 which in my view is even better than 2002.

Tony Hawk Pro skater 3 7/10

One of the only skating games to keep Americans up all night trying to get the pro high score while also try to get the biggest combo online has come back with another and a all game. Tony Hawk comes back again with THPS3 which is one of the best sim-skaters to come out all year.

Gameplay 7/10

These us where the game really takes off and basically why people buy this game. As you properly already know that this is a skater simulation game which means that it actually take skill and not luck. If you have played this game you know what I mean and if you haven’t it will take a lot of practice to complete this game. Ok the main point of this game is to complete the goals on each level and progress to another level and do the same thing. The goal may range form just getting a high score to doing a certain meaningless tasks like “your friends lost there tickets get them back to them”. Certain levels are competition levels which are easy to win (if you practice). The reason that I gave the Gameplay a 7 is because it is too easy for veteran players and without a difficulty setting its not much fun.

Sound 10/10

Well the reason that I gave it a 10 out of10 is because, the music in this doesn’t concentrate on any type of music but it is spread out of rap, and rock. I didn’t really listen to the music though.

Looks 10/10

Well I have the ps2 version of THPS3 and it looks great. ALLMOST has no flaws or glitches. You can fill every grind with the duelshock2 ps2 joypad, but strangely enough you don’t fill and thing when you bail (or maybe it’s just my joystick) anyway the most of the time it’s a smooth ride throughout your experience with THPS3.

Replay 10/10

If you like this game and decide to buy it you should get a lot of reply in this game. There are many unlockables in this game from secret characters to movies of your favorite skaters skating

Dragonball Z: Budokai 2 10/10

Atiri taken another shot making at a decent Dragonball game for the ps2 since the disappointment of the original budokai, and at last they got it right. Don’t get me wrong the original budokai was fun but well after a while it got boring, the story mode was fun and quite accurate to the real episode in the series but there was no replay value. But after a year, a gamecube release and a complete image change the world finally have a decent re-playable DBZ game.

Gameplay
    Well the Gameplay stays the same as the old game, for you newbie’s one button to punch, one to kick, one to guard , and one for energy attacks. You will use a combination of theses buttons to pull of lots and lots and lots of energy attacks and physical attacks for all 30 or so characters. The first DBZB went from the Sayian saga to the cell saga in a very detailed story, but this year’s DBZB is the strangest story mode I have ever seen called dragon mode, it’s a board game that u travel around looking for the dragonballs (used for making wishes in the series) and fighting villains. Its different from the story mode but for most people its more fun. For more info rent the game. In DBZB:2 there are things called capsules which contain moves which you can equip to your character. There are on 7 slots for you to put capsules in and like 10 to 20 maybe 30 capsules for each character so you much customize your charter the way you like him or her for example if you like energy attacks you can give Goku kamahama, continuous kamahama, sprit bomb, super sprit bomb etc. There is a tournament mode which is self explanatory and if you win you get money which you can buy more capsules. The big thing that everyone was looking for in this years game was the ability to do the fusion which allows to combine with another character and become a different charter in all. Two of the more popular character fusions are Goku and Vageeta which makes vageeta who can be seen on the cover of the game cover (he is the only one on color ) there are many more fusions but you will have to find out for yourself.

Looks 9/10

DBZB:2 has left the 3d filling of its predecessor and now has gone in a cell shaded perfection all the characters look dead on and the clothing is superb. And when the character speaks for example when vageeta says “FINAL BLASSSSSSSST” you can read his lips and see his teeth. The only reason I game it a 9/10 is because it seams to be victim of the square symptom we left at playstation but its stills looks good.

Sound 10/10

Not much to say here but good job on Atari’s part for getting the real actors form the series to do the voices for this game which gives it a 10/10 easily

Replay 101/10

Well since you only have like 5 characters out of 32 in the beginning and like no capsules you have your work cut out for you. Not to mention that you have to find out the many hidden fusions in this game makes it a addictive and long game and will keep you quite busy for a long time.

Screens

WWE Smakdown : 5 shut your mouth

Well if you are familiar with the smakdown games don’t get this. Its basically the same as all the other smakdown, but of you have not played any of the smakdown games get this now and you will have a fun time for bout and hour.

Gameplay 0/10

Like I said before it’s the type of game play as last years. One button to punch, one to grab and one button to run. At first the game seams like it is fun but it gets boring really fast, even if you like wrestling. The only thing that is going for this game is the story type mode. It basically follows the storyline of the WWE “drama”. The bad thing about story mode is that there is only a two year period and you will end up fight the same person like a hundred times.

Sound 7/10

You can actually hear the crowd says “you suck” when Kurt angle music starts and the entrance movies and music are dead on. The only thing bad about the sound is that there are subtitles in story mode and no voices which makes reading mandatory that you know how to read.

Graphic 10/10

Finally the game gets a 10/10. All the characters are exact duplicates of there real life counter-parts. You can actually see the characters mouth moves as the “talk” in story mode which would have been great if there added voices with it.

Replay 0/10
    Sure you can take different paths you story mode but you will just be playing with the same sorry gameplay.

Rent or Buy

I would say rent because in five or so days you would want to kill your self for renting it ( I sadly wasted 50$ in it ), but keep in mind that if you haven’t played any other Smakdown games it might be worth buying

True Crime Streets of LA (Xbox) 10/10
    “Gta what???”
    Forget the junk you read on the internet this game is nothing like gta “its better”

Gameplay 10/10
    Even though you might think that TC has the same gameplay as gta you must play it before you judge it. For starters you are the good guy called nick something, and this game actually follows a story which is quite good, but don’t think that this is a linear game. If you are on a mission that doesn’t requires you to be at a place at a certain time you can cruise around. With a new crime system call random crime generator oddly, reply value goes up for a few hours. The RCG is what makes this game better than gta (other than the graphics, Gameplay and music but that’s another story) every now and then a red dot will come on the map and the operator will say what the crime is (gun fire, raping, street racers etc). Other than the RCG there is and new precise aiming method that lets you shoot certain parts of the enemy body’s and you can even use precise aiming in the car . For example if an feeling enemy grabs a car, you can shoot the enemies tires out force him to flee the car, he grabs a hostage and him/her at gun point. There are two things you can do just fire away at the enemy and there is a 90% percent chance you are going to kill the hostage or you can got into precise aiming and shoot the enemy in the head easily. There are so many features in this game that will make you throw away gta.

Graphics 9/10
    Well what can I say other then “better than gta” everything is so smooth in this game. It doesn’t exactly take the Xbox to the limit then again what does. There are no loading times during the parts of the city like “some games.” The only that really brings this game down is that it was rushed so the graphics aren’t as good as it would have been (which isn’t a big drawback)

Sound 10/10
    The reason that this gets a 10/0 is because you can make your own sound track. So even if you don’t like the continues amount of rap that is provided in this game you can just whip out your favorite cd and copy it to your Xbox HDD

Replay 10/10
    TC this is a game mix with driving, fighting, and shooting. You can upgrade your skills in each category. For example you can be able to flip your car on two wheels similar to Midnight club 2 once you go to the right spot on the map and when it is offered to you

Rent or Buy
    I would say to buy this game because there is more than enough content to keep you busy fir more than 5 days.

Gta 3 (before TC)
    Well rockstar has released another gta. Unlike the other this gta is in 3d and more of a Third person shooter.
    Gameplay 10/10
    Well first of all you play a mute (not really) character how gets bust out of a transportation tuck on its way to a prison. This game is completely non-leaner. From the beginning of the game to the end you can freely go anywhere you want to. Kill who want and that’s including cops. You get 12 weapon’s I think ranging from pistols, shotguns, and even a rocket launcher. This game takes place in Liberty city which is a Chicago, New York mix. Liberty is fill of gangsters, like the mafia and zukusas.

Sound: 10/10
    Well the reason that this game gets a 10/10 on sound is because first all you have radio stations that play a verity of songs and even talk shows. Even though your character doesn’t talk everyone else dose. Even if you are riding a car you hear people cussing you out for almost hitting them overall the sound was well done.

Graphics 5/10
    This is what kills the game. It looks ugly. The people faces looks like there been though a blender. Thank goodness that the gameplay is not what you look for. Even though its on ps2 that is no reason for it to look like trash.

Replay 10/10
    This game is around 3 or 4 hours long. That is if you just blow of all the side missions that fill this game will up to sixteen or seventeen hours of gameplay.

Buy or Rent
    Buy this is an instant classic that is well worth 50$ and it sure takes the M rating to the limit.

NBA Street
    If you loved the game of basketball and you love how realistic the games are today you will surly hate this game.
    Gameplay 2/10
    Well all I can say is “nba jam”. This game makes the sport of basketball look like crap. All you do in this game is pick a team out of the team you pick three players and the game just dies from there on. Pass in the ball do some fancy dribbles with the L and R buttons and then dunk.

Sound 0/10
    Its manly the same lines over and over which gets boring real quick and it tries to be funny which it fails miserly at. The best thing about this game is the fact that you can hear the ball bounce which is normal in all basketball games.
    Graphics 5/10
    Well the players look nothing like the real players from the nba, but it actually looks like good. The street courts are nicely colored and beautiful.

Replay 0/10
    This game offers the same junk over and over again so you will probably never play it again once you beaten it

Buy or Rent
    I would say nether cause this is one boring game

Shadow Man 2: second coming
    Forget the scary atmosphere of the original. Its all thrown out the window. Well the game is scary if your like 7 or 8. I have read many reviews on this game and let me just say that this game isn’t worth picking up.
    Gameplay 3/10
    It’s a simple third person type shooting game. Your arsenal of weapons range for basic handguns, shotgun, and even a nail gun form the human realm, and voodoo weapons like a stick that shoots fire. The only reason that I game the gameplay a 3 is because you are able to hold 2 weapons in each hand which leads to double gunfire, also using your teddy bear you can travel to all kinds of places. The story is very stupid in every way. Basically its about some rebel group trying to resurrect a demo from hell. There are no plot twist or nothing its straight boring.
    Sound 0/10
    The worst sound ever in a ps2 game. The voice over is great and fits the character very nicely, but that dose not make up for the horrible sounds that the guns make. There are no explosive sounds coming from the guns just soft noises that seams like it is coming from the background.
    Graphics 5/10
    Doesn’t push the ps2 hardware to the limit put it doesn’t disappoint either. The texture of the worlds looks pleasable but not the best.

Replay 0/10
    There is only a story mode that’s it. Nothing else to it.

Rent or buy
    Neither cause you wont finish the game in five days. And don’t bother buying the game cause it suck.

There should be a review world :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

2. Games   -   #2
    guess no ones cares :

3. Games   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    20 minuts....and You wonder why nobody cares?

BOT

4. Games   -   #4
    20 mins to read u mean.

anyway we need a review world

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Like i said, Review world is a must-have for such a good forum

Good reviews ttttttttt tough B)

P.S.

I can get all of the newest games here for $4 (in my country), and I think I'm a good gamer and could post some good reviews.

My first console was an NES (1992) and since that day I'm a gamer for EVER.
    Maybe ttttttttt and me could be mods for Review-world ?!?!
    Or we can make a voting for mods.

Please make a review world !!!!! :helpsmile:
    There could be several categories in Review-world, for example:
    Soft-Review (for software reviews), Game-Review (for games), Hard-Review (hardware review) ... etc Pr0n-Review no, fortget the pr0n B)

Let's hope we get a Review-world

6. Games   -   #6
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ttttttttt@15 January 2004 - 08:51
    20 mins to read u mean.
    Exactly. Damn that was long. Did you write this yourself? Hmm I find that a little hard to belive.

I don't know

There are little red orbs called red orbs
    . Really?

B)

EDIT:

Maybe ttttttttt and me could be mods for Review-world ?!?!

I feel so left out. I thought I could review with you guys. Why didn't you include me.

Ahhh so what, I have a radeon 9600xt B)

EDIT: One last edit. I have noticed that gameworld isn't the same as it used to be. I don't know. Most of the ol' gamers here are now hanging out in the lounge, or in hardware world. I go in there occasionally, but I belong in gameworld. It's kind of sad around here now. Maybe I should just move on from the forums..

This place is the first real forum I stuck around in. It's like a home on the internet, so if I get scared(I saw this nude harry fat chick the other day), I can come here.

I see a lot of new names in the forums today. I think I'll stay around for as long as Klite is here. Hell even if Klite is gone, I still stick around. Actually I don't even start up Klite to come to this forum, I just have it in my internet explorer favorites . Wich I imagine most of the lizards here do...

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    I feel so left out. I thought I could review with you guys. Why didn't you include me.
    Sorry man, in the hurry I forgot you .... sorry I feel so bad

Could you ever forgive me ??

j/k, realy I'm sorry

8. Games   -   #8
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@15 January 2004 - 09:40

j/k, realy I'm sorry
    Man I'm just bull shittin. I don't think I'd have time to be a moderator or a reviewer. I have to get a job pretty soon. I'm delaying the inevitable. Ahh...I guess it's time to grow up...face the truth. I can't sit here forever and talk about games. Or have those late night counter-strike matches with my buds. Damn. Just sucks that the years of pc gaming have went by so fast.

One day I'll probably forget about gaming. I hope not but...

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    If you choose me to be a mod I promise these thigs:

- "Max Payne 2" review
    - "Tony Hwak's Pro Skater 4" review
    - "No Man's Land" review
    - "Need for Speed Underground" review
    - "ANNO 1503" review
    - "Mercedes benz World" racing review
    - "Hitman 2" review
    - "Silent Hill 2 (Director's Cut)" review

- Many many SNES,GBA, ... etc reviews

More coffe and donuts for every one, world peace, more money , ....
    oooops, I think I wind it a bit ahead, altough the cofee and donuts is true

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by CadeLaguana+15 January 2004 - 15:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CadeLaguana @ 15 January 2004 - 15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dark Ride@15 January 2004 - 09:40
    I feel so left out. I thought I could review with you guys. Why didn&#39;t you include me.

j/k, realy I&#39;m sorry
    Man I&#39;m just bull shittin. I don&#39;t think I&#39;d have time to be a moderator or a reviewer. I have to get a job pretty soon. I&#39;m delaying the inevitable. Ahh...I guess it&#39;s time to grow up...face the truth. I can&#39;t sit here forever and talk about games. Or have those late night counter-strike matches with my buds. Damn. Just sucks that the years of pc gaming have went by so fast.

One day I&#39;ll probably forget about gaming. I hope not but... [/b][/quote]
    I feel sorry for you,your now a real MAN, and it sux I think, right? hehe
    There&#39;s only 3 things in my live that are realy imortant:

1.) School (which I hate to the bones, but I have to go there evry day )
    2.) Music - I play guitar in a band and that&#39;s the most important thing of all
    3.) Games - The best method to kill agressions kill a few people here and there and you feel much better B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast