Thread: Template Hell! :(

TRshady
    hello all,

After asking different people what they though of my new site and getting a "nice content ... shit design" ... form most people I decided to go for a new decide and have actually come up with something I consider to be a bit better then this layout. The design Ive made is this:

Thing is, the process was going well, with the whole thing created in less then 30mins but Ive spent the last four hours trying to slice it and have slowly gone mad ...........

I have photoshop cs, windows xp pro and studio mx 2004, am using image ready/photoshop to optimize and slice but didn't realize how hard it would be as when making them into tables, I cant get it to work as it should. The menu/link boxes down the side are not at the size I want, and obviously want to add the links but when it automatically resizes, so does the main content box, when I want that to only get bigger depending on how much content inside it.

So in other words, I'm totally stuck on how to slice it properly, and have sliced many sites, just not for a while and most are set out like this. I really would appreciate any help here and have honestly viewed many tutorials from across the net but if anyone could point out where to slice or explain the steps I need to take, I will be very thankful. Hope you'll agree that the new design is better then my current one? ....

Hope anyone can help ....

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    I found using "In-Line Frames" alot easier check it out.

http://htmlgoodies.com/tutors/inlineframes.html

You can postition them anywhere on the page using a simple postitioning code.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    TRshady
    Thanks for the reply, I actually do use the php function include to load the pages which works similarly but I would like the design to be sliced in a way where it would show the pages fully and not need to scroll. If anyone can tell me the right way to slice the image I'd appreciate it!

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    Okay I Can't Really Help With That...Nice Site By The Way I'm Just Checking Out The Ram Guide Now

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    (offtopic, just needs a quick reply, no need to fill up this thread with spam) but stupid guy, i know you have heard this before but why do you type all your words with caps on the front? Surely its easier not to?

Nice link btw

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Poster
    Okay I'll stop.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    ROFL...

I can do it for you in fireworks! If you want... But truely its a graphic intense layout your better off just hand coding it into tables with less pics

edit:
    i dislike using iframes for users with different browsers content displays differntly so it can end up ruining a design