Thread: P2p Endtimes

I must say, I am thoroughly depressed with all the difficulties Kazaa Lite (++, Revolution, etc.) is going through. Dissemination of garbled music files, greatly, greatly reduced music libraries... I can't even find the rare mp3's I actually use p2p for. Unless I'm downloading some movie clip or something else I really don't want, downloads never go over maybe 1.5Kbps.

I'm on a university connection that gets hundreds of kbps for regular downloads from good sources; i've been using Kazaa of one kind or another for years (and before that, Morpheus, and before that, Napster...) and this is possibly the worst it's been. I'm into mp3's i wouldn't be able to buy at all--because they're either rare imports, obscure soundtracks, or not commercially sold. This VERY important sector of KazaA seems to have completely disappeared. For instance, a fairly popular J-Pop band, Two-Mix, would at one time have returned hundreds of results, with at least one hundred unique songs. And this before the days of multiple cumulative searches! Now I'm lucky to get ten, or twenty if I leave it on to search overnight. ~sigh~

I don't suppose there's any recourse here? Is this really as universal a problem as I think it is?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    may be ur connection isnt allowed to be using kazaa networks humm
    did u try to use another version of kazaa with supernodes ? like
    k-Lite K++ 2.4.3 ?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If you're into mp3's and rare musicfiles I suggest that you use soulseek.
    You will find almost everything on soulseek.Look in the soulseek section on this board to find out where to dl this p2p-client and how to use it.
    Kazaa and/or k-lite isn't really the good place for downloading mp3's,unless you use the verifieds.You can't go wrong with soulseek

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I had these same problems at home. The files are coming; I'm just experiencing scarcity problems. The network isn't set against p2p, or KazaA, for that matter--it isn't against the rules to use p2p's, only to "waste bandwidth" in mega-enormous amounts. And yes, I've run the gamut of KazaA-esque filesharers--KazaA-clean, KazaA-lite, KL K++, KazaA Revolution....(and iMesh, and several others)

I even tried mIRC! But I got lost pretty early on with that one, even with a tutorial.

I'll try soulseek. My fingers are crossed.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Phyltre@16 January 2004 - 04:36
    I'll try soulseek. My fingers are crossed.
    You'll love soulseek B)
    It's slightly different than k-lite but very easy to use and you'll really find anything on it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Phyltre@16 January 2004 - 04:16
    I must say, I am thoroughly depressed with all the difficulties Kazaa Lite (++, Revolution, etc.) is going through. Dissemination of garbled music files, greatly, greatly reduced music libraries... I can't even find the rare mp3's I actually use p2p for. Unless I'm downloading some movie clip or something else I really don't want, downloads never go over maybe 1.5Kbps.

I'm on a university connection that gets hundreds of kbps for regular downloads from good sources; i've been using Kazaa of one kind or another for years (and before that, Morpheus, and before that, Napster...) and this is possibly the worst it's been. I'm into mp3's i wouldn't be able to buy at all--because they're either rare imports, obscure soundtracks, or not commercially sold. This VERY important sector of KazaA seems to have completely disappeared. For instance, a fairly popular J-Pop band, Two-Mix, would at one time have returned hundreds of results, with at least one hundred unique songs. And this before the days of multiple cumulative searches! Now I'm lucky to get ten, or twenty if I leave it on to search overnight. ~sigh~

I don't suppose there's any recourse here? Is this really as universal a problem as I think it is?

Just download K++ 2.4.3 (English). That is all you need. You can change
    the incoming port of your Kazaa is you have difficulties to connect.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    soulseek is the best thing since way before and way after sliced bread. It is the Second Coming of the music world. Go there, ye troubled millions. Your mp3's have found the promised land. Seek Your Souls, those of lost hope!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Phyltre@16 January 2004 - 06:34
    soulseek is the best thing since way before and way after sliced bread. It is the Second Coming of the music world. Go there, ye troubled millions. Your mp3's have found the promised land. Seek Your Souls, those of lost hope!
    I told you,didn't I?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I don't mean to resurrect an old post, but

They Added A Japanese Music Forum!!
    Because I suggested it!
    ...so anyway, now you know.
    Soulseek is th bomb if Kazaa Lite won't work for you.