2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    Yes

BOT

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    damn...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I wonder why it's down. I've been using Shareaza, mostly, for some time now. One of the things that attracted me (and I could have this wrong, since my knowledge of p2p etc is at newbie level) is the fact that Shareaza isn't centralized, hence in a legally more vulnerable position than say Kazaa Lite. Although Shareaza taps into edonkey which 'is' centralized, I just noticed. So I don't know.

I've been a long time user of Kazaa Lite, although I've been using 172 until now. (I downloaded/installed the latest version of KL Resurrection last night. It looks like it was only released yesterday too. Not bad for timing. I had no idea.) I didn't like what came out after KL 172, and, since 172 worked fine for me, I've stuck with it. Although, with so many revisions since, I figured it might be worth my while to update. (And things like this sudden disappearance of Shareaza on the web spook me.)

Not that I am terribly capable of appreciating the changes. In fact, I'm sort of lost with the settings. I don't think that I had my Shareaza settings set perfectly either, although I followed the guidelines on the Shareaza website.

I see that I have to download the faq for KL. I hope that it has detailed guidelines. I would rather just ask a friend to sit with me and set things up, but I'm unlucky in that department. I've got one friend who I hang with here in Toronto, and he knows nothing about file sharing. I have a friend at work who does IT, who also told me about Shareaza, but we don't hang out together. Obviously, I can only get so much info from him at work, where we just basically chat for a few minutes when he's leaving work.

Please don't be spooked by my good English. I'm competent in some areas and that's one of them.

Later...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    It's back.

http://www.shareaza.com/

Edit; For those who are desperate to keep in touch with all things Shareaza-ey when the site goes offline....

Shareaza Chatroom Details
    Server: irc.p2pchat.net
    Port: 6667
    Channel: #Shareaza