Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Correct Grammar And Spelling In Your Posts?

Poster
    Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 17:44
    I see people in many forums - not only here - whose posts often does not have properly spelling in their language. Actually, I understand this cause as I am on Dialup, I write some of my threads very fast, so there maybe mistakes.

But if I want to help New Member and want to make a serious impression, I try to correct all the mistakes as far as possible. Cause I am aware that mistakes and fast-written-threads (short: FWT) could lead to a unserious impression.

What d'you think about this hot issue?
    this Fokker's going down

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    what is STFU?
    Your computer has been turned on. Windows must now crash to configure this change.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Out of The Ordinary
    Shut The Fuck Up

BOT

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by deerslayer@17 January 2004 - 04:33
    what is STFU?
    Shut The F*ck Up
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    thx 4 the answer. could we all chill?
    Your computer has been turned on. Windows must now crash to configure this change.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by deerslayer@17 January 2004 - 05:00
    thx 4 the answer. could we all chill?
    STFU

(just kidding)

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

Ofcourse internet.news are doing these posts on purpose as he seems to enjoy irritating people!.

But I think it is important not make a big fuss about spelling on International forums due to its International nature which means that it is populated by people who's native tongue language is not English. The only requirement should be that the post are atleast understandable.

There are certain country's in Europe in which the English language is actually faught against by their politicians. They believe that their countrys national distinction and traditions are at risk by implementing a good understanding for a foreign language especially english.

France is the worst it is very hard to find english speeking frenchmen there, very frustrating to be a tourist there due to this reason!.

Germany is not that bad compared to France but Germany is still reluctant to embrace the English language and it can be hard to become understood there as a english speaking tourist. It is not suprising that they are not so good at english as they rarely hears any english, all their english/american shows and movies on TV are dubbed to German and I dont know about the Cinema but I guess maybe there is 2 versions of every movie one that is dubbed and one that is not but maybe I am wrong I'm not sure but maybe there is only or almost only dubbed versions there aswell just as on TV.

But as I said we should not have to high standards here as it is International!

Notice!

I am not beeing judgemental towards Frenchmen nor Germans there is exceptions and some do speak and write good or even great English but in general poor English is the rule!.

When it comes to interent.news english skills, it is not the worst that I have seen for Germans atleast he can write it semiunderstandable some germans just give up and avoid the english language all togheter!.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

8. Lounge   -   #28
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 18:44
    I see people in many forums - not only here - whose posts often does not have properly spelling in their language. Actually, I understand this cause as I am on Dialup, I write some of my threads very fast, so there maybe mistakes.

But if I want to help New Member and want to make a serious impression, I try to correct all the mistakes as far as possible. Cause I am aware that mistakes and fast-written-threads (short: FWT) could lead to a unserious impression.

What d'you think about this hot issue?

It is not only "the spelling" that is important.

Sometimes it seems as if you are using a machine translator in your posts here...

edit: most times!

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Joakim: Vielen Dank/dank U vell/tusen tack foer det/thx B)

10. Lounge   -   #30
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren@17 January 2004 - 07:50
    Hello!

Ofcourse internet.news are doing these posts on purpose as he seems to enjoy irritating people!.

But I think it is important not make a big fuss about spelling on International forums due to its International nature which means that it is populated by people who's native tongue language is not English. The only requirement should be that the post are atleast understandable.

There are certain country's in Europe in which the English language is actually faught against by their politicians. They believe that their countrys national distinction and traditions are at risk by implementing a good understanding for a foreign language especially english.

France is the worst it is very hard to find english speeking frenchmen there, very frustrating to be a tourist there due to this reason!.

Germany is not that bad compared to France but Germany is still reluctant to embrace the English language and it can be hard to become understood there as a english speaking tourist. It is not suprising that they are not so good at english as they rarely hears any english, all their english/american shows and movies on TV are dubbed to German and I dont know about the Cinema but I guess maybe there is 2 versions of every movie one that is dubbed and one that is not but maybe I am wrong I'm not sure but maybe there is only or almost only dubbed versions there aswell just as on TV.

But as I said we should not have to high standards here as it is International!

Notice!

I am not beeing judgemental towards Frenchmen nor Germans there is exceptions and some do speak and write good or even great English but in general poor English is the rule!.

When it comes to interent.news english skills, it is not the worst that I have seen for Germans atleast he can write it semiunderstandable some germans just give up and avoid the english language all togheter!.
    Of course the English and the French are very lazy with regards to learning other languages....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast