Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Router Question(s)?

can I curse? FUCK!
    Ok, now im wondering.. Why does a router download so slow when on p2p networks or downloading proggies (BT?) because when i disconnect my router and get on my normal dsl connection, its going at 89kbps (max) and when im on the router.. im getting speeds like 10-15kbps... any answers?

If this has been mentioned before.. Link me to the topic please.. im downloading something so the pages are loading extremely slow.. Hence me starting this topic without searching.. =\

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    jswjimmy's Avatar Poster
    do you have two computers hooked up. on some routers it will cut the dl speed in half when you have 2 computers hooked up

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well i have 2 computers but that cant be it because the other comp is not downloading anything at all..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i wana know that as well!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    jswjimmy's Avatar Poster
    try unpuging that computer but leave yours on and see what happens

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    just cuz the other comp isnt dling doesnt mean its not taking up bandwidth....but is this consitant or is it just happening a few times. have all the ports been open?

ohhh and im sure thsi isnt it but also note that you download is depend on the ppl uploading to you.....and for bt, it always start out slow, give it sometime

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@17 January 2004 - 02:42
    just cuz the other comp isnt dling doesnt mean its not taking up bandwidth....but is this consitant or is it just happening a few times. have all the ports been open?

ohhh and im sure thsi isnt it but also note that you download is depend on the ppl uploading to you.....and for bt, it always start out slow, give it sometime
    I dont know how to open all the ports on my router.. (Linksys BEFSR41) and no.. it stays that speed for 5 hours (longest ive ever kept it on with a router)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    can I curse? FUCK!
    bump

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    PORT FORWARDING. learn how to forward the ports. that's not the same thing as opening the ports. if you don't forward the ports, a router simply kills your p2p programs like kazaa & bittorrent.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    my router works fine and I didn't do any port forwarding,for that matter I don't even know how.LOL
    My speeds vary,as do everybodies speeds but I still hit some high speeds depending on what I am getting and who i am getting it from.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast