Thread: Problem With Game

Ok, i know you`re all going to flame me and scream "NOOB!" nut here goes....

I just d/l moto_gp2.iso

I burned it to cd using Nero.

I installed it ok, now when i try to play it, i get an error message, saying "No directx 9 graphic drivers are installed on this computer"

I`ve been to directx website and d/l directx 9.0b and still get error message.

Do i need to install a directx video card or something or am i missing something here?

I appreciate all genuine answers!

Edit. I also get an error message saying D3DERR_ not available

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    I had a problem before similar to yours and it was that my video card wasn’t good enough

That could be the problem....

3. Games   -   #3
    Thanks for that, i just did some searching of my system, it says something like i have version 7 of directx, so i guess i need a better video card?

4. Games   -   #4
    yep apparently your card doesnt support DX9

5. Games   -   #5
    Try to install the newest drivers for your videocart... This may help...

6. Games   -   #6
    StyleWarz Posted on 15 January 2004 - 10:28
      Try to install the newest drivers for your videocart... This may help... 
    Very true, just remember to do a system back-up. A bad install of vid drivers can be a massive headache. I had one instance of bad drivers that knocked my monitor off line completely. It would show dos loading but no windows. Without a restore option, i'd have been screwed.

I got those drivers for my old Voodoo 3 card from..uhhhh...cna't remember...but they turned out to be Matrox drivers. Didn't say so in the file name and even had the 3DFX icon. I'll also never click install and go for a piss without watching the whole thing again!

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

7. Games   -   #7
    Right, i did a diagnosis on directx9, i get the following message in the notes.....

Hardware accelerated Direct3D9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it. You may be able to get a new driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Question 1. Is display driver another name for a Video Card?

Question 2. If i have to buy a new Video Card, will i have to get one to suit my
    sytems speed etc, or will any work?

PS/ I tried to update my display driver but it said i have the best version installed.

8. Games   -   #8
    Question 1. Is display driver another name for a Video Card?
    Answer 1: No. Basically, your OS talks directly to the vid card. That's what DirectX is all about. It allows your apps (mostly games) to more effectively communicate with devices by giving it a straighter shot than through the multiply layers of W$ndows. The device driver is like the driver of a car, hence the name. The game engine (that's an actual thing-it's what powers the game) runs the game, DirectX is the transmission (Stick vs. the girlie automatic known as Windows) and the 'driver' gives it the skill needed to do the job. Most if not all the extra functions would not be available without the driver. It provides the extra code needed for these functions, like custom refresh rates and card specific tweaks. It also allows the card to function more effectively. Much more.

Question 2. If i have to buy a new Video Card, will i have to get one to suit my
    sytems speed etc, or will any work?
    Answer 2epends on such things as the system mobo...err..motherboard. For example, does it have an AGP (Advanced Graphics Port)? If no, you'll be stuck with a PCI card. That sux. If yes, is it 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x? The newer faster cards use 8x, but some really good ones still use 4x. You can pick up a GeForce 4 for less than a $150 that'll do good or blast off with one like mine or even a Radeon for about $500. Get the best you can. BestBuy is a good place to start pricing. Also, if you got a slow proc, say less than 800Mhz, then you may want to get a faster PC.

PS/ I tried to update my display driver but it said i have the best version installed.
    If you have the latest drivers, then your card prob doesn't support Directx9. Check the vendors site. It should have info specific to your card.

You didn't say what you got 'under the hood', so this is kinda general. I hope this wasn't too much info and I hope it helps.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!