Thread: Mp3

:helpsmile:

I have downloaded (for example) a single track from an album, from different sources. When I attempt to play any of them with Windows MediaPlayer, each one plays the same few seconds of introduction to an entirely different song, a song by the same artist, but of a different album (that I did not download).

To illustrate: I download 10 versions of Annie Lennox's "Pavement Cracks" from the "Bare" album. When I attempt to play any of them, I hear a few bars of "No More I Love Yous" over and over again (from a different album altogether).

Whazzup?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    What client are you using to download this from?

3. File Sharing   -   #3

I am an idiot: What is a "client", and how do I find out which I'm using?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    A client is a program that you are using to download material via P2P file transfer, in this case. Such examples would be Kazaa++, eMule, BitTorrent, WinMX etc...

I've always used WinMX to download my music. I've used it since Napster and have found it to be an excellent source of music. If you view my previous posts, I've mentioned I've very rarely found a dodgy mp3.

I'd recommend this 'client' to get your music safely.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Ohhh....

I am using KazaaLite K++ as my client program. Have you heard of my problem occuring with KLite? Would you guess that the problem is more likely with my WMP, rather than the mp3 file itself?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I have also tried to play these files with Winamp3, with the same result. What does this suggest about the nature of my problem?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    It is definately the mp3 my friend. There are quite a few of them about, and unfortunately it seems that the RIAA are releasing such copies to deter would be file sharers. Also, it doesn't help when people download these bad copies and forget to delete them, hence they start getting uploaded by other users.

As I mentioned above, your best bet is to use WinMX. Just be sure to read the installation instructions very carefully, and also the main text upon startup. You'll see what I mean if/when you install the software.

The website can be located here.

On another note, you mentioned using Winamp 3. You may or may not be aware that the developers of Winamp (Nullsoft) have discontinued any further production on that particular version. Winamp 5 has since been released, and the latest version (5.01) is available for download. You can reach the site here. I haven't downloaded the 'bundle' version but I do have the 'Full'. They have fixed many bugs that were in previous versions.

Hope this helps.

Samurai

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    there are many fake files on kazaa++

try downloading your songs with another client such as emule or bittorent

information on other clients is available here
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Thanks for the useful advice, Samurai, 4th Gen! I'll follow both your suggestions and see how that works. (I had a sneaking suspicion that RIAA had something to do with this...)

Wish I had asked you for help a few months ago!!