Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wmp9/cd Burner Issue

BTW - Is it possible to install WMP8 over WMP9?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by tianup@4 March 2003 - 20:17
    BTW - Is it possible to install WMP8 over WMP9?
    I'm not sure - you could try.

But, most MS apps check the current version number of the software before installing, and if the current installed is greater than the version it's about to install, setup will close (this is the case with IE, at least).

If you can't do anything else, you might as well try.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    You could try deleting it from the reg & deleting the Windows Media Player folder & then try to install WMP8 which should replace everything you deleted. Be sure to backup your reg & copy & paste the Windows Media Player folder. Install WMP8 before you reboot. This would be quicker than doing a full reinstall which is what you had in mind in the first place. If it fu*ks up then DO a full reinstall but i am sure this should work.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Bummer! No, sorry to say once you winstall it you got it. and if you try to pick and peck it out, xp will fail. I have a similar system to yours, and I love the gi in v9. but I am a beginer in file'ng and editing.

I would try to reinstall Media 9 before you give up.

also, if you have nero and roxio on board or multiple image emulators, they may interfere with the burn interface. I use nero, it has a high speed burn plug for WMP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12