Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ntfs

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its more secure So I'v heard faster too but havin't noticed . Try this link
    http://www.ntfs.com/

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Shn I know I'm old but every time I look at you sign. I hum Koolaid koolaid taste great
    cant wait

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    hi, guys

i've heard from a fren that when u reset it too many times (let's say some components/software/anything-at-all not working) the ntfs partition will be corrupted and inaccessible. is that true?

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by shn@18 January 2004 - 00:15
    Im probably wrong. But I think soon the fat file system will be obsolete. Kinda like windows 95 and 98 will be soon.
    windows 95 will live forever

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by gildan2020@18 January 2004 - 05:27
    hi, guys

i've heard from a fren that when u reset it too many times (let's say some components/software/anything-at-all not working) the ntfs partition will be corrupted and inaccessible. is that true?

gildan2020
    Well if a HDD ever gets corrupt on how many times you reset your computer, then it doesn't have to do anything with the file system, but with the drive itself.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by DWk+19 January 2004 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 19 January 2004 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gildan2020@18 January 2004 - 05:27
    hi, guys

i&#39;ve heard from a fren that when u reset it too many times (let&#39;s say some components/software/anything-at-all not working) the ntfs partition will be corrupted and inaccessible. is that true?

gildan2020
    Well if a HDD ever gets corrupt on how many times you reset your computer, then it doesn&#39;t have to do anything with the file system, but with the drive itself. [/b][/quote]
    but the hard disk survives...not even a single bad sector at all
    just the partition is useless, it had to be reformatted
    i mean i&#39;ve not seen that happened on my fat32 system (given the same scenario)?

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12