Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Software Survival Kit

Originally posted by Samurai+17 January 2004 - 22:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samurai @ 17 January 2004 - 22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@17 January 2004 - 21:27
    is blubster really that good?
    Bah&#33; I knew I forgot another...

File Sharing Clients

Although Kazaa is probably the more popular, eMule wasn&#39;t even mentioned in your list of clients. With websites such as ShareReactor offering verifieds in the 1000&#39;s, this program is hard to fault.

As for Blubster, well... each to their own I guess. Honestly though, if all you&#39;re after is mp3&#39;s, then I wouldn&#39;t go anywhere else than WinMX. If you have read my recent posts, you&#39;ll notice that I&#39;ve mentioned this client on one then more occasion. Since the demise of Napster, this is the No.1 choice for music downloads for me. Good quality music hand in hand with millions of file sharers come as standard.

I suggest you check it out, if you haven&#39;t already. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll ad Emule to the list&#33; Thanks for your suggestion...I must&#39;ve missed it because I could never get it to configure correctly w/ my comp LOL but yes it is a great prog and I will put it up. TY

As for WinMX I&#39;ve used it before and its great program...I used it a long time ago and the only thing I didn&#39;t liked about was it was ugly lol but maybe it has cool skins now who knows?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Sorry Mts04988

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    No Problemo&#33; I as well&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I edited my post as you see.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by mts04988+17 January 2004 - 21:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mts04988 &#064; 17 January 2004 - 21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Firewall
    [IMG]http://www.sygate.com/img/sygate_logo.gif[.IMG]
    Among choosing Firewalls, Sygate is the most reccommended. It has great options and good customability. You know your PC will be safe with Sygate running. Other options include Mcafee, Norton Internet Security (suite program), and BlackICE.[/b]

Norton&#39;s firewall is available standalone - NPF for short.
    NIS is NPF and NAV rolled up together.
    Lotsa people bemoan Norton products being resource hogs, bogging the system down (I used to as well) , but you can&#39;t really bitch when you&#39;ve got 512MB and 2GHz &#39;under the bonnet&#39;, and other useless crap running in the background.

Originally posted by mts04988@17 January 2004 - 21:30
    E-mail/Newsgroup Client
    [IMG]http://www.mozilla.org/images/h-tb-dl.png[.IMG]
    Great program for e-mail.
    www.mozilla.com
    I prefer theBat&#33; for email. It&#39;s a very highly regarded client.
    For text newsgroups I use Gravity while many (most) others prefer Forte&#39;s Agent; Agent seems to be the most preferred program for downloading from binary groups, but for that I use Newsbin, which is the absolute dog&#39;s gonads for this task while being worse than useless for text groups.

Originally posted by mts04988@17 January 2004 - 21:30
    FileSharing
    Since this is a FileSharing forum you can find a lot of info in the pertaining topics. I will simply list some of the key/unique filesharing programs and ones that are outstandingly good.

-Not a file sharing program, but a voice-chatting program...
    ...um, so why group it with file sharing utils?

<!--QuoteBegin-mts04988
    @17 January 2004 - 21:30
    Multimedia[/quote]
    Hmm, no Winamp?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED
    Yea....where&#39;s winamp, Office, ACDSee Classic (2.43), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Reader (and/or Acrobat), EditPlus 2.11, AIDA32, WinRAR, McAfee, Sandra, VideoLAN, WS_FTP, Graphic Card Drivers...

lots missing

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Thanks for contributing that

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by DWk@17 January 2004 - 15:33
    Yea....where&#39;s winamp, Office, ACDSee Classic (2.43), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Reader (and/or Acrobat), EditPlus 2.11, AIDA32, WinRAR, McAfee, Sandra, VideoLAN, WS_FTP, Graphic Card Drivers...

lots missing
    yeah, gotta agree, AIDA32 is a must (TY DWk for that post you had the other day about it)
    i got it now and dont know how the hell i did w/o it before

and winrar is just about a must also, especially if you&#39;re into
    filesharing/downloading (how many files out there are rared these days?)

but media players are personal preference, winamp&#39;s :x (IMO)
    (yeah, i&#39;ll miss the pr0n, but oh well )
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by DWk@17 January 2004 - 23:33

lots missing
    again...I though&#39;t Id make it a "barebones" (word choice?) type guide, I mean I could&#39;ve thrown in CoolEditPro for Music editing...But these are really more specific type things. I will add some of the things but I don&#39;t think Photoshop is a necessity per se, where as an AV would be...I&#39;ll throw some of the things in there but I didn&#39;t want it to include "extravagant" things

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by mts04988@18 January 2004 - 03:01

...I&#39;ll throw some of the things in there but I didn&#39;t want it to include "extravagant" things
    I decided to include CoolEdit Pro since I already put in some of the others...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast