Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love At First Sight

Originally posted by UKMan@17 January 2004 - 23:52
    Everything's possible in fact (except Withcheese), so why not?
    You don't believe in Withcheese??

2. Lounge   -   #12
    So is there hate at first sight, as well?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam+18 January 2004 - 00:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 18 January 2004 - 00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@17 January 2004 - 23:52
    Everything&#39;s possible in fact (except Withcheese), so why not?
    You don&#39;t believe in Withcheese?? [/b][/quote]
    Yikes&#33; I&#39;m having a belief crisis, do I exist?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Withcheese+18 January 2004 - 00:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 18 January 2004 - 00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam@18 January 2004 - 00:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan
    @17 January 2004 - 23:52
    Everything&#39;s possible in fact (except Withcheese), so why not?

You don&#39;t believe in Withcheese??
    Yikes&#33; I&#39;m having a belief crisis, do I exist? [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m waiting til the day that my parent tell me the truth

5. Lounge   -   #15
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 January 2004 - 20:28
    Definitely.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by NikkiD+18 January 2004 - 02:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD &#064; 18 January 2004 - 02:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@17 January 2004 - 20:28
    Definitely. [/b][/quote]
    You would hate someone you have never met based on appearance alone? A bit harsh.

That person probably reminds you of someone you dislike through no fault of his own.

Remember Slugworth from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory? His physical appearance was designed to make you dislike him, but was actually one of the good guys.

I think infatuation at first sight is more the reality, love takes time.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by hobbes+18 January 2004 - 00:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 18 January 2004 - 00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by NikkiD@18 January 2004 - 02:32
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @17 January 2004 - 20:28

Definitely.
    You would hate someone you have never met based on appearance alone? A bit harsh.

That person probably reminds you of someone you dislike through no fault of his own.

Remember Slugworth from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory? His physical appearance was designed to make you dislike him, but was actually one of the good guys.

I think infatuation at first sight is most the reality, love takes time. [/b][/quote]
    Well said

and bonus points for using a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory example

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam+18 January 2004 - 03:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 18 January 2004 - 03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 January 2004 - 00:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes

Definitely.

I think infatuation at first sight is most the reality, love takes time.
    Well said

and bonus points for using a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory example [/b][/quote]
    One of my favorite sigs from that movie:

"So shines a good deed in a weary world."

9. Lounge   -   #19
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by hobbes+17 January 2004 - 20:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 17 January 2004 - 20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes

Definitely.

I think infatuation at first sight is more the reality, love takes time. [/b][/quote]
    Okay, hate a first sight is probably too strong a term. But have you never met someone and had a bad feeling about them right from the start?

I&#39;ll use an example from my own life.

A woman my ex had an affair with. At the time I met her, they weren&#39;t sleeping together, they just worked together and I hadn&#39;t even heard her name before. I had come up to meet my boyfriend for lunch, and it was her first day of work there and we were introduced. Before a word was even spoken I didn&#39;t like her. I can&#39;t explain why, but I didn&#39;t. I can&#39;t say that I hated her though, so yes, you&#39;re right, that is harsh.

I did try to like her though, I took her out for lunch on several occasions, I even got her a job working with me when she lost that one. And over time my dislike grew to hate. After I found out what happened... well I just won&#39;t go there.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Sorry Nikki, I am just having some fun, I didn&#39;t mean for this to play out to hurt someone.

We all get that vibe from a phony and I am sorry for your situation.

My point was that love/ hate are aquired commodities, and that infatuation/repulsion are immediate.

I like to keep things light and fun, sorry about that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast