Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok Religion

Poster
    Originally posted by evildon@19 January 2004 - 18:31
    ...should we all shoot ourself in the foot so we can appreciate what it feels like to get shot? Is that Gods logic?

ED
    Apparently so, otherwise there is no God.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Originally posted by gemby!@19 January 2004 - 22:33
    if you believe in good karma and bad karma do you believe in reincarnatiion ?
    I have came of with a concept ina Jung-like conciousness that surrounds the planet...much like a force-field or the magnetic field of the earth...

and when you die..your escence get caught up in that....and time to time if the conditions are right you can influence the earth bound people..I dont think u necessarily remeber who you are or really have an identity seperate from this collective anymore..I guess the ones who wouldnt join could come back..the ones that stay (according to this theory) in the collective could say influence a child prodigy to playa piano if they were a great pianist in their former life....and i dont think u personally choose to do this...you dont remeber your mama or your friends nothing like that..In this concept you would just be another natural force..just like the weather and just as random...

Jung worked on this and A lab in England? has done experiments with mice and it seems that they are recieveing data from some outside force..( they took two groups of mice....ran one group thru a mace repeatedly...till they new it...killed said mice..took second group which were related to first group(litter mates) and THEY RAN IT FASTER then the first group evn tho they had never seen it! The second group hadnt died and been reborn so it wouldnt be reencarnation..closer to transmitted genetic memory) said mice were kept in seperated labs i believe more than a mile away))

We already know that elephants and other heard animals have GENETIC memory..thats passed down in the DNA

ED

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Originally posted by gemby!@19 January 2004 - 22:29
    well then my religion is the * personal belief religion*
    nothing wrong with that...most people turn their religion into a personal belief system just that it's a totally seperate thing...well not seperate but different..

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Originally posted by Spindulik+19 January 2004 - 22:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 19 January 2004 - 22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-evildon@19 January 2004 - 18:31
    ...should we all shoot ourself in the foot so we can appreciate what it feels like to get shot?&nbsp; Is that Gods logic?

ED
    Apparently so, otherwise there is no God. [/b][/quote]
    Let me go get my gun...then I&#39;ll shoot all the non-believers and pagans and heathens so that they too can appreciate what it feels like to get shot&#33;&#33; It will be a God-like lesson for them&#33;&#33;

I have always wanted a t-shirt that said

"I Kill For God..Don&#39;t worry as long as you truly believe your souls will go to Him"

ED

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Remember energy is not created or destroyed; just transferred.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Poster
    I believe there is one God. I believe there is an after-life.

I believe that God does not interfere in our decisions because that is the deal, he gives individuals freedom to chose. He gives the whole of humanity freedom to chose what it does.

If he interfered to sort things out, or cure the illnesses, what would be the point. If you have children you let them learn how to deal with things themselves, by their own mistakes. You watch over them, but you must also allow the to grow.

I believe that wars fought over religion is merely an excuse. They would have been fought anyway, that was just a convenient reason.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Forgive my memory Jpol, but does this God require one to follow a specific religion and what do you mean about the after-life. Is there a physical heavan (where one can experience pleasure and peace) and a physical hell (where you can experience pain) or do you see the "afterlife" as something you will figure out once you cross-over.

Are there repercussions for our actions and choice of faith. Our pagan forefathers who scarificed virgins to appease their Gods, are they all doomed for killing?

As I recall, your choice of Catholicism was not because it is the "correct" religion, but rather it provides a set of rules you feel encourages harmony. What God actually is or desires is not known to any man.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Poster
    hobbes

Forgive me, I mean no offence.

I really do not wish to discuss this matter at any great length here and now. I simply wanted to give Jonno some concept of the basic underlying principals of what I believe in. The evolving minutiae can be for another day.

I think it is fair to say that you are aware I will give a reasonable shout at arguing most things, even if it gets fairly heated. However I have had enough Catholic bashing for the moment and really do not want to get involved in it just now.

Particularly as it is often no more than unsubtle trolling. (The bashing that is, not the Catholicism, tho&#39; I see your point). It seems that the Catholic faith is fair game for abuse that would not be tolerated were it aimed at others. However that is probably just my natural Papist paranoia.

I will however say that, in my opinion choice of a specific flavour of Christianity probably boils down to how comfortable one is with the dogma. As long as the decision is one of good conscience, rather of convenience.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Ok, I was just curious what you envisioned the after life to be. You know, when you wake up at 4:00am and the wife is asleep next to you. As you watch her breathe, what do you envision awaiting you?

I see nothing.

As for Catholic bashing, I have an appreciation of your exhaustion, after all, I am American. I&#39;m lucky to survive a few posts without a volley of cheap shots sent my way.

note: out of character there is no irony, humor, or double entendres above, with this damn cold, it&#39;s all I can do to make a coherent offering.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by Spindulik+19 January 2004 - 22:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 19 January 2004 - 22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-evildon@19 January 2004 - 18:31
    ...should we all shoot ourself in the foot so we can appreciate what it feels like to get shot?&nbsp; Is that Gods logic?

ED
    Apparently so, otherwise there is no God. [/b][/quote]
    where exactly did i say that?
    Wiz.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast