Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Ok Religion

Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by sara5564@20 January 2004 - 01:31
    ...........................................................................)

(But I guess that might be stretching things a little  )
    yer i would have said ...............................

Just to make this thread more relevant witch hunts were carred out only because the people in power didn't understand the witches, the were the 'unknown'.

Not really that relevant at all... oh well.
    Wiz.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I have found it interesting to research the way that certain religions have come about.

Example:

Nation Of Islam

I had some acquaintances in this so called "religion". Some things of note:

They believe Allah returned in America under the name Master Faraad Muhammed.
    They believe all white people are devils.
    They believe the devils name is Yacub. He created whites from deficient black genes and mixed it with animals. The rationale was that this is the reason that when whites sweat it smells of dog and they have very little backside (arse).
    They believe the old white "tribes" started in the Caucus mountains hence the name Caucasian.
    They believe whites, when they gained power, eliminated much of this "tribal" history. One asked me why are there African tribes and no history of Caucasian ones.
    Elijah Muhammed (I forgot his original name) was converted when Master Faraad did some trick with his hair, splitting it water.
    Master Faraard, oddly enough, wasn't even black.

When you hear this sort of shit it makes you wonder how the hell anyone believes it.
    Oddly enough there is no scripture in the Qu'ran that backs this up.
    What a joke.

I have gone through their own writings of their religion. I have done this with many others like Catholism, White Christian Soldiers, Jehovah's Witness', etc. I've researched why, in certain religions, they wear the garb that they wear, use certain symbols and what they "really" stand for. I've researched why certain religions are "semi-controlled" en masse by smaller groups of individuals who are and always have been corrupt. I've researched the Christmas holiday and how it really came about.

Most people subscribe to a particular religion because it's all they've ever known.
    It's comfortable.

Research some of the underpinnings of a given religion. It may open your eyes.

Or like many, close them.

edit: Left one interesting note...in the Nation of Islam..Yacub was black
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #63
    I was rude once, does that make me a "devil"?

My Saudi co-worker told me that true Islamic people have no relation to American black people calling themselves "the Nation of Islam".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Originally posted by Busyman@19 January 2004 - 23:01
    Remember energy is not created or destroyed; just transferred.
    Yes but that doesnt mean that the grass after being eaten by the cow and turned into energy and the deposited out remember that it was once grass...

I could be a caniabal and eat someone thereby converting them to energy for my body...doesnt mean that said energy remains sentient..and some amount is transformed into a by-product....

ED

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 January 2004 - 06:31
    I was rude once, does that make me a "devil"?

My Saudi co-worker told me that true Islamic people have not relation to American black people from calling themselves "the Nation of Islam".
    Exactly!!!
    The "religion" is a joke. My uncle is a real Muslim and at the time that I studied Islam, he told me to stay clear of them.
    Unfortunately, I know of similiar weirdness in other religions. Nation Of Islam was the easiest example to use due the probability of no one here being of that religion.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Originally posted by evildon+20 January 2004 - 06:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evildon @ 20 January 2004 - 06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@19 January 2004 - 23:01
    Remember energy is not created or destroyed; just transferred.
    Yes but that doesnt mean that the grass after being eaten by the cow and turned into energy and the deposited out remember that it was once grass...

I could be a caniabal and eat someone thereby converting them to energy for my body...doesnt mean that said energy remains sentient..and some amount is transformed into a by-product....

ED [/b][/quote]
    uh...no

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #67
    God, whomever you are, please forgive me my typos this night, and make me well&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 January 2004 - 06:45
    God, whomever you are, please forgive me my typos this night, and make me well&#33;
    It&#39;s because you are evil hobbes..EVIL I SAY&#33;&#33;&#33;

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Originally posted by Busyman+20 January 2004 - 06:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 20 January 2004 - 06:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@20 January 2004 - 06:45
    It&#39;s because you are evil hobbes..EVIL I SAY&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well, that does make sense.

If I get a nice tan, will that purify my corrupted white soul and make me better?

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@20 January 2004 - 00:04
    I believe there is one God. I believe there is an after-life.

I believe that God does not interfere in our decisions because that is the deal, he gives individuals freedom to chose. He gives the whole of humanity freedom to chose what it does.

If he interfered to sort things out, or cure the illnesses, what would be the point. If you have children you let them learn how to deal with things themselves, by their own mistakes. You watch over them, but you must also allow the to grow.

I believe that wars fought over religion is merely an excuse. They would have been fought anyway, that was just a convenient reason.
    Ever seen Minority Report?

Two main things keep us from having tru FREE WILL..

1.Emotions:They cloud our judgement...we even have phrases for it...Seeing red..flying off the handle.loosing control....we do things under the influence of our hind brain(it&#39;s where our instincts and most of our more primal stuff come from) then we would normally do...Thats how alchol works...The vulcans on ST know this...it&#39;s common sense...just like if I had jury duty and my girlfriend was on trial...there is no way that I could shut down enuf of my prima emotion brain to be impartial and make the "right" choice...

Thats what Bhudda (SP&#33 was all about..being at peace and as one with onesself..(sp&#33

He was approached about the sin of lust and asked about seeing a naked girl that she shouldnt show her body and stay covered..he disagreed..he said that the sin is in letting your emotions exsist..that you should be able to look at the most desireous girl in the world and not become arroused..not fight it but be able to turn it off like a light switch..that was one of his tests to see if you were on the road to becoming enlightened..at one with the universe...also you were spose to be in such control of your body u could stop your heart..things like thatHe thought to have true free will you would have to have complete mastery over...well YOU...no part of you should be able to make you do what you dont want to do...I have yaken Pysche classes..and let me tell you..your subconcious and your ego and your Id..are really powerful and sneaky bastards....Hell Pyche proffessors have found out that something as simple as a color of an object can influence our mood...(hospitals studied this so they would know what color to paint their walls) or a buying impulse...Hell they lay out shopping centers and stores based on choices that you dont even know you are making..&#33;We make choices on automatic all the time..subconsiously withour ANY true higher thinking...

2.This is where Minority report comes in

You would hafta know the true outcome of all the choices before you...If I go to bed now..and take some cold medicine will I sleep thru the fire that burns my house down...? since i dont know my house is gonna burn down then I cant really choose....Fate and Luck kills Free Will Everytime...Not enuf
    data or control to override those two forces...

ED

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast