Thread: Kazaa Lite Shutting Down And Lagging

My kazza is running extreamly slow.. I mean I cant even play my movies,music ect. There is a huge delay in clicking files and commands. All my other aplications on my cpu runs fine.

Also, I am not downloading many files. I thought I had a virus but I dont. I also have plenty of RAM free.

In my traffic file, even if I click download all, only a couple of file download out of 100 and its at a very slow speed.

I have the accelerator and several other programs Im running.

Any sugestions thanks.

IT aslo shuts down every so often...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    @ Reaction delays: K-Lite is hashing file or you have a corrupted .dat file.

Give K-Lite some time to hash all. Go to My Kazaa Lite and look on the files listed. If the list blinks, K-Lite is hashing. Wait a while.

Sometimes alot of .dat files can slow down K-Lite, take some out of the My Shared Folder and stash them somewhere, after finishing rest of the downloads download the stashed ones.

If tis not it, take out all .dat files and put them back one by one and see which one causes problems. Delete the trouble maker, probably it's corrupted.

@ Slow downloads: If you click Download All when you have 100 downloads you're bound to have slow downloads and small amount of connections.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I think I had a corrupted file. I removed all my files well over 2000 to another folder and now it runs fine.. When I had nearly the same number of files (yesterday) it wasnt acting strangely..

Thanks alot!!! The wierd thing is, my antivirus ez av is not catching any corrupted file and I also ran several other things like spam killer ect to see if it was anything else.. I dont know how to find out which files are corrupted.. And it would take forever to put the files back into the share folder and finding out which file it could be..

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    2000 WOW dude, finnish your d/l before getting new ones

Antivirus will not find a corrupted file

Make 2 folders, name them i.e. "Temp" and "Verified", now palce all your .dat files in the "Temp" folder. To find a corrupted one take the half of your .dat files from the "Temp" folder and put them into "My Shared Folder" folder, if it works correctly take them out and put into "Verfied". Now take the other half, now it has to have problems. Take the half of the half of the files out and see if there are still problems, if not take the half of the half and put them into the folder in which the first half is located. Now take the second half of the half and put them into "My Shared Folder" folder, problems are back, take a half of the half of the half...you get the drift ? Each time you have to split the whole into halfs and see which one is causing problems, then split the troublesome again and see which is making troubles, then again, eventaully you'll find the corrupted ones. Also run this procedure to the end, because more then one may got corrupted.