Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Those Who Wont Share

simple enough..

I am totally naffed off with running 'find files by user searches' and finding so many dont seem to be offering any files to be shared.

so... as this is a fileshare p2p system we are on , my question is...
    is there anyway to permanently block these greedy buggers from accessing my machine/files.

I dont mind anyone who shares dl'ing any file I have in my shared'.. but would love to tell the non-sharers to take a full on flying one by blocking their access....
    BUT ..how do i do it...if I can indeed do it.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    if you use kazaa lite with default settings people can't see if you are sharing anything when you download from them either.
    kazaa AND kazaa lite have options that block people seeing your shared files.

so how do you know these people you want to block aren't sharing???

EDIT but if you want to be sure youre uploading to people who share, use BitTorrent or ed2k

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Are we still bitching about people not sharing?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Use the search feature .... instead of worrying what uploaders in your slots are sharing

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    nope mr blunt...not bitching.. that would have been a two page ramble about my delicate feelings being hurt..
    I asked how to block the dickheads.
    Thought that was plainly stated.
    and if you dont like questions clearly aimed at non-sharing tosspots.. hell, dont read em , then bitch about it..

keep smilin...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    There's no way to tell if people are sharing or not, because most people nowadays have the option turned on that prevents others from seeing what files they share - you can blame the RIAA for this !!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I like to put in a little word here. Shaman, I don't blame you for bitching about people who won't share on kazaa. I can totally understand your point of view.
    Unfortenately I am one off those persons who doens't share many things on Kazaa.
    And I will explain you why.
    I am from Belgium, I have cable internet.
    I don't know how things are in other countries but we have the choice between TWO internet providers. With both off them we are limited in both download as upload.
    My upload limit is set on 1,5 Gigabyte in one month. If I would share all my files on Kazaa that would mean that after a couple off days I reach my limit and I can wait one month before I could surf the internet again.
    Sorry but I don't have much choise about sharing files.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    thanks for the reply nankur..
    My access is 24/7 with no limits. I didnt know some cables worked that way..totally understand why you do it the way you do..maybe I would to with your provider..

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by nankur@19 January 2004 - 17:04
    I am from Belgium, I have cable internet.
    I don't know how things are in other countries but we have the choice between TWO internet providers. With both off them we are limited in both download as upload.
    My upload limit is set on 1,5 Gigabyte in one month. If I would share all my files on Kazaa that would mean that after a couple of days I reach my limit and I can wait one month before I could surf the internet again.
    Sorry but I don't have much choise about sharing files.
    A 56k modem could UPLOAD more than 1.5 GB in HALF a month. It is easy to use up that much upload bandwidth just playing online games with MODEM users!

What you have doesn't DESERVE to be called 'broadband'... you probably should tell them they have FALSE advertising.

Basically no one sharing files on Kazaa/KL++ should be doing so without upload bandwidth limits that DON'T overload the connection. It is foolish and counterproductive to run 'unlimited upload bandwidth'... as few actually have a connection that fast.

Also, it is foolish to share 1,000+ files at once on Kazaa/KL++ unless they are small files (well under 1 MB) and demand is reasonably low. Otherwise, thousands (potentially even MILLIONS&#33 of people could be trying to download from you at once! This I call a self-induced Distributed Denial of Service Attack (DDoS Attack.) Your ISP will hate you for it.

It must suck to be working for the RIAA and yet not be on their payroll.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Nankur...what is your provider?Telenet or Skynet?
    I'm from belgium too,my provider is Skynet and I have a limit of 10gb transfer per month.So my guess is you have cable trough telenet.My upload isn't limited sepperatly from my download wich means if I only download 1gb in a month I can still upload the 9gb remaining.I just noticed I croosed my limit for this month...already . so I got myself a service pack wich gives me another 5gb for 5euro.The gb that's left over from the service pack is automaticly transfered to the next month.So if I only use two gb of the service pack I get the remaining 3gb extra the next month.Eventhugh it sucks that they set a monthly limit,this isn't a bad deal(if you don't have to do this every month ofcourse).
    When I crossed my monthly limit my speed gets set back to the speed of a 56k'er and that sucks!So I rather pay 5euro to keep my kickass speeds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast