Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9600

Poster
    ok i need some clarification.

which card outta these, do you rekon i should look into. The prices are in NZ dollars. They are in no particular order

S-Media Radeon 9600 Pro video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, TV Out, DVI

$310.18

S-Media

Asus Radeon 9600 XT video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, VIVO, DVI

$487.62

Asus Radeon

Asus Radeon 9600 SE video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, TV Out, DVI

$288.57

Asus Radeon(2)

Creative 3D Blaster 5 RX9600 Pro video card, 128MB DDR, Radeon 9600 Pro, 8XAGP, TV Out, DVI

$385.56

Creative 3d Blaster

GeXcube Radeon 9600 XT video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, TV Out, DVI

$300.01

GeXcube

Gigabyte Radeon 9600 XT video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, Radeon 9600 XT, TV Out, DVI

$346.50

Gigabyte

Powercolor Radeon 9600 XT video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, TV Out, DVI

$415.01

Powercolor

ok thats the lot. can some1 tell me which is best for me. i play games like halo, ut2003, hl, etc. and i want to play future games on resolution such as 1280x1024. ill upgrade to 1Gb ddr ram (currently on 512mb ram pc2100) and OC my processor (athlon xp 2000+)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    well, i didnt even bother looking at specs, but any 9600xt will play any games out there on max setting

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@19 January 2004 - 04:08
    well, i didnt even bother looking at specs, but any 9600xt will play any games out there on max setting
    i'd disagree...the ability of the video card depends on the rest of the system spec...

also some games are more graphically demanding than others

of course, the game may run, however, if it's running at 10fps, can it be called "playable"?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    but his specs isnt bad at all. and so far, i havent seen a game on the market that the card couldnt handle at max setting (aa and af not included)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@19 January 2004 - 04:19
    but his specs isnt bad at all. and so far, i havent seen a game on the market that the card couldnt handle at max setting (aa and af not included)
    need for speed underground on my system at high resolutions can be rather choppy and with all due respect to dray, i have a better spec...
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen+19 January 2004 - 17:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 19 January 2004 - 17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr. Elmo@19 January 2004 - 04:19
    need for speed underground on my system at high resolutions can be rather choppy and with all due respect to dray, i have a better spec... [/b][/quote]
    no worries dude i get ya.

but do you guyz rekon that those cards are good for those prices?

i havent heard any "get this card" comments yet

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by dray_02@19 January 2004 - 07:01
    no worries dude i get ya.

i havent heard any "get this card" comments yet
    i&#39;d recommend the Gigabyte 9600XT...
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by 4th gen+19 January 2004 - 09:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 19 January 2004 - 09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@19 January 2004 - 07:01
    &nbsp; no worries dude i get ya.

i havent heard any "get this card" comments yet&nbsp;
    i&#39;d recommend the Gigabyte 9600XT... [/b][/quote]
    I agree with 4th gen if you have 40 or so dollars to spare.

Otherwise I would recommend the
    Powercolor Radeon 9600 Pro video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, TV Out, DVI

Which can handle the speeds of the XT easily. In general, all of these ATi cards can easily be overclocked 100 MHz on the core without any artifacting. The memory should always be maxxed out first, of course.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p@19 January 2004 - 07:31
    Which can handle the speeds of the XT easily. In general, all of these ATi cards can easily be overclocked 100 MHz on the core without any artifacting. The memory should always be maxxed out first, of course.

yeah, i&#39;ve got my tyan 9600 pro up from 400/600 standard to 520/620 (the memory is quite a low overclock, but the memory used for the tyan is overclocked from 550 -> 600 as standard)
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by 4th gen+19 January 2004 - 09:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 19 January 2004 - 09:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@19 January 2004 - 07:31
    Which can handle the speeds of the XT easily.&nbsp; In general, all of these ATi cards can easily be overclocked 100 MHz on the core without any artifacting.&nbsp; The memory should always be maxxed out first, of course.

yeah, i&#39;ve got my tyan 9600 pro up from 400/600 standard to 520/620 (the memory is quite a low overclock, but the memory used for the tyan is overclocked from 550 -> 600 as standard) [/b][/quote]
    Do you mean, 4th gen, that Tian overclocked that sucker over the stock ATi settings before you even got your hands on it? That&#39;s a good marketing move on Tian&#39;s side, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast