Thread: How Do I Get Rid Of This Junk ?

Ever time I do a Disk Cleanup on my C Drive in win XP Pro. I cant get rid of

928 KB of Web Client/Publisher Tenporary Files and
    2,253 KB of Compress old files

All of the others I can clean but not those files. I have tried using the tools in internet options, Also used window washer 5.0. I have done searches in google and other search engines.

Any ideas would be helpfull..

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by ricochet@19 January 2004 - 05:44
    this is the amount of space you'd gain by compressing existing files on your hard drive, the only way you can 'gain' this space is to actually compress the files...running window washer won't get you it back...

at the end of the day the total of those two elements is only about 3MB, are you really that hard up for space?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Disk Cleanup only manages to find like 1% of what could be cleaned

928 KB of Web Client/Publisher Tenporary Files
    Do you have IExplorer, or other Web based progs running when you do this?
    Try manually deleting.

You can save alot more space by, manually going thru old files and compressing them - by right cliking folder or item-properties-advanced-compress

Avoid compressing programs you use often- as it tends to slow them down loading.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    ps.
    If your hard on space
    I can PM you a mega list of stuff you can remove from XP
    If you want

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Space is not a problem .. Im just a clean freak when it comes to a pc. I dont want a lot of junk on here that just slows things down, Its only a 1.7 gig p4.

The first time I ever cleaned my cookies on my a pc I saved over 60,000 files when I did a virus scan...

this is the amount of space you'd gain by compressing existing files on your hard drive, the only way you can 'gain' this space is to actually compress the files...running window washer won't get you it back..

That I did not know, Thanks