Thread: Windows Mediaplayer 9

How do I delete/uninstall wmp 9? and can I run in to any complications by doing that.

I'm running a win xp machine

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Control panel ,add/remove programs ,on the left add/remove windows components.Atleast with the older versions of wmp, about 9 i havn'nt got it installed mate.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Your computer should've automatically made a restore point when you installed WMP9. Go to All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Then just revert it to before you installed WMP9. Nothing will happen to your media files.

Hope that helps

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Finch@19 January 2004 - 15:32
    Your computer should've automatically made a restore point when you installed WMP9. Go to All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Then just revert it to before you installed WMP9. Nothing will happen to your media files.

Hope that helps
    that would probably have helped if it wasn't wmp 8 (my bad) that come whit xp and as far as I know I never installed it, at least not as a separate program.

so the question is have do you unistall wmp 8?

Cheers

Edit:
    Control panel ,add/remove programs ,on the left add/remove windows components.Atleast with the older versions of wmp, about 9 i havn'nt got it installed mate.
    That worked thanks... It was too simple I never would toughed of that. I mean usual when you want to remove something thats integrated with windows you have to go trough hell

Edit2:
    I spoke to fast it only removes the shortcuts so the question still stands.