Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Myie2 Vs Firebird

Just one question.
    Is there a way to get a permanent tabbed interface in Firebird like the one in Opera?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by riku_x@19 January 2004 - 15:30
    Just one question.
    Is there a way to get a permanent tabbed interface in Firebird like the one in Opera?
    Try TabBrowser Extentions/TabBar Preferences Extention from the extention site listed above by uNz[i]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    thanks, works like a charm.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    h1
    TabBrowser Extension is, IMHO, the best Firebird plugin available.

Ad Hunter can be replaced with the AdBlock plugin. The same can be said for mouse gestures.

And the Mozilla Google Toolbar is much better, because all the code is JavaScript, meaning you can change images, what language Google uses, the appearance of the toolbar, make your own Google skin, etc...

MyIE2 is based on the Internet Explorer engine, which means some strictly coded pages won't appear correctly, and supports ActiveX and VBScript, which are big security holes.

And what is Privacy Protection?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    MYIE2 can go to Windows Update...
    Last time I checked the others couldnt get there

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Java Boy@19 January 2004 - 16:18
    MYIE2 can go to Windows Update...
    Last time I checked the others couldnt get there
    I dont even use the windows update site because you really dont need all thoose updates. Only some if any at all are critical updates and then I just download them directly from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads and last time I checked I was pretty competent enough to install them myself instead of having windows update site do it for me (although some may think that having microsoft do it for you is more convenient than double clicking an exe file.) .

And your box can be enabled to check for and download updates without going to windows update site. That method pretty much sucks since it runs in the background but If you have the ram and cpu power then it will save you the trip to the update site.

Windows update site and the software they make you install to use it is something I can do without.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by shn@19 January 2004 - 23:06
    dont even use the windows update site because you really dont need all thoose updates
    End Quote
    Not everybodys confident or an obvious computer genius like your self or as you proclaim..
    So a browser that gets you to windows update , plain & simple is a very viable choice
    You might as well get Linux running on your computer and then you dont need to go near Windows , which is full of holes...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Java Boy+19 January 2004 - 17:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Java Boy &#064; 19 January 2004 - 17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@19 January 2004 - 23:06
    dont even use the windows update site because you really dont need all thoose updates
    End Quote
    Not everybodys confident or an obvious computer genius like your self or as you proclaim..
    So a browser that gets you to windows update , plain & simple is a very viable choice
    You might as well get Linux running on your computer and then you dont need to go near Windows , which is full of holes...[/b]

Did I say that? I dont think I did.

And we were talking about firebird and yourie2. Where did linux come in at?

Since you are obviously being stereotypical and we are both getting off topic Ill just say that I prefer to get my updates via manually rather than confining myself to one browser because the others cant do something as pointless as that at the moment

Btw please dont quote me after you take my statements out of context.

<!--QuoteBegin-shn
    @19 January 2004 - 23:06
    End Quote
    [/quote]

You left out "I". Which means "I" dont use it. You on the other hand are more than welcome to.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Well keep ya preferences to ya self then..and ill quote what i like ,when i like , cause i can.. B) .And there aint jack you can do about it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Anyways
    Myie2 has built in support for a lot of things. Say for example, Firebird etc,you would have to get a plugin...as it doesnt support everything straight outa the box

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Just in case you forget it Firebird Rules

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast