Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Myie2 Vs Firebird

Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati+19 January 2004 - 21:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati &#064; 19 January 2004 - 21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@19 January 2004 - 20:17
    Your missing a lot of features of firebird.
    That&#39;s true. At the very least, developed extensions mean that Firebird can have Mouse Gestures as well as MyIE2.

But this part gets me
    Skinning-- poor nowhere near firebirds themes.
    Can you pls tell me where you get your Firebird themes from? Because the ones at the Firebird site aren&#39;t exactly much and you get even less when you can only use skins for the version you have [/b][/quote]
    There are a few nice themes at the Firebird Site; they look far better when installed than the illustrative thumbnail. One that stands out is called &#39;Okhotska&#39; and available for both Firebird and Thunderbird.

On the original question, i think both Firebird and Thunderbird are great.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    i&#39;ve got the "smoke" theme on firebird 0.7

nice, simple, clean and effective
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen@20 January 2004 - 15:27
    i&#39;ve got the "smoke" theme on firebird 0.7

nice, simple, clean and effective
    Agreed, that is very nice.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    myie2 is the best&#33; been using it for a month or 2 now. great prog

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Java Boy+20 January 2004 - 06:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Java Boy &#064; 20 January 2004 - 06:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@20 January 2004 - 09:44
    Firebird&nbsp;

MyIE2 is a good browser but it carries over with IE&#39;s faults and gaping security holes...
    It would carry the holes over..Its based on the IE 6 engine so it would definitely have a few loopholes..
    Ive just downloaded Avance browser..All this interest in browsers has me curious.
    See how this one adds up against the list of alternatives..
    Anyone else tried "Thunderbird" here?

@Shn..didnt you used to belong to that Fasttracker BT forum?havent seen you there for a while if your the same one[/b][/quote]
    No. Ive only been a member in this forum. Ive joined other forums but never stayed long.

They were not as interesting as the k-lite board

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Filesharinghelp.com
    I use Firebird 0.7+ (the latest "0.8" build), its alot better than 0.7 and has a better rendering engine

Direct Link

Theres a link if someone wants to check it out

And yes firebird rules - ive used many browsers and this ones the best

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Originally posted by shn+19 January 2004 - 21:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 19 January 2004 - 21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-riku_x@19 January 2004 - 15:30
    Just one question.
    Is there a way to get a permanent tabbed interface in Firebird like the one in Opera?
    Try TabBrowser Extentions/TabBar Preferences Extention from the extention site listed above by uNz[i] [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t find it &#33; Where the hell is that thing ? And is posibille to add that click sound in Firebird just like in IE ?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    h1
    @Lite:
    That&#39;s a nightly "trunk" release, so watch out.

@Java Boy:
    Yes, Thunderbird is the shizz.

Also, about your comment that "Firebird needs extensions," Firebird is open source, meaning that it is infinitely extensible, limited by the world&#39;s creativity. It also means that Firebird will probably never have a single bug in it ever.

@liquidacid:
    Quite nice, have you tried the iCandy theme?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    h1
    sharedholder - Extension site | Tabbrowser Extensions - will work only in Firebird

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    0.8 is unstable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast