Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Backups For Newbe

Hi there, I am Compleatly new to PS2 I just baught the SCPH-50001/N I guess it is compleat kit. I have the network card on it. The cd for it but I did not use it yet. I got 3 games w/the PS2 and my 8 yr old daughter ALREADY scratched one disk. 3 days old...

I know how to rip and burn Movie DVDs so on my pc..(encoded to MPEG svcd) ,Thank god I had backups of the movies! So I should grasp this quick enough.

Anyways I only have a cd burner at the moment on my pc's..
    (1) How can I make copy of my ps2 disks? And be able to play them back on the PS2> seen many guides but not shur.

(2) Can I have a ps2 game copy stored on my PC's Hard Drive and network the PS2 to the PC to play the game?

(3) This mod thing, I really dont want to void my warrenty. I am not illeaglly copying the games I just want a back up to protect my investment. 20 bucks here and 20 bucks there adds up after a while!..

(4) The docs on the network card are little what is the useage to the PS2 Networking ablity?

Thank You

Becky636

2. Games   -   #2
    muchspl2
    from what i understand you need a mod chip and dvd burner to make/play back ups
    but there is a program that can stream movies to your PS2, not sure if you can stream games, someone else will have to tell you that

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    if you only have a cd burner, you choices of games are going to be limited as most games are on dvd rom. but you can rip them so they fit on cdr. rip meaning take out the sound, movie, etc....i heard somebody say you could burn it onto multiple cd disc and play it like that but im not sure.

i dont think you can network you ps2 w/ you pc you play the stored game

if you really dont want to mod you ps2 to play backups...search on google for a ps2 "slide card".

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    well im not much into PS2 but i can try helping with something or so
    i dont know if PS2 cd's are dvd or normal cd's but anyway u need to use the right reading drive ..

(1) you can use a program called Alcohol 120% it is a burning software and u can creat image with it controling the protection kind (which would be playstation 2) and if u reburn it with the same proggy it shouldnt face any troubles playing on the ps2 device (and i know u dont want to make illegal copies)

(2) like mr. Elmo said u can sort the games and play them using ps2 connected to ur pc .. but u can get a PS2 emulator i dont know if there is any out or yet and load ur cd's images to the virtual cd that Alcohol 120% did and play them there and im sure it wont be as good as PS2

(3)and about copying the games .. if u have a nice burners and used a decent cd blanks i dont think that would harm ur device or anything and in the same time u r protecting ur original cd games

(4) sorry i dont know about it

5. Games   -   #5
    With a DVD Burner caint I make an EXACT COPY of the DVD and use the copy as I do I Original?

becky636

6. Games   -   #6
    No, PS2 games have protection on them. You can play them if you have a modchip installed on your ps2.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    i havent tried but this software "Alcohol 120%" saved my life so many times cracking many kinds of protections
    but i havent tried it with PS2 games so im not sure

8. Games   -   #8
    Can I use ordinary cdr's with the PS2.. I burnred a copy of the swap magic 2.0 cd and the ps2 did not reconize it.. Please advise

I used Deamon to mount the cue file and nero to burn it.

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by Becky636@21 January 2004 - 02:43
    Can I use ordinary cdr's with the PS2.. I burnred a copy of the swap magic 2.0 cd and the ps2 did not reconize it.. Please advise

I used Deamon to mount the cue file and nero to burn it.
    i think its because you dont have a modchip.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Becky636@20 January 2004 - 03:33
    With a DVD Burner caint I make an EXACT COPY of the DVD and use the copy as I do I Original?

becky636
    Yes you can. You'll need a DVD+/-R/RW and since AFAIK the PS2 uses DVD-5 discs, then you can just use DVD Decrypter to make a 1:1 copy of your game.

As for not breaching your manufacturer's warentee, then you can just either buy a boot disc, or download one from eMule and burn it to DVD-R. It's basically a "solder-free" modification chipped alternative.

Oh yeah, BTW, as for a DVD-Writer, the Pioneer DVR-106 or the LG GSA-4040B is the way to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast