Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: W32 Helphandy Virus

Poster
    Damn! Infected again! Just to let you guys know it's out there and for Kazaa users only! Get virus software now! Go to www.symantec.com and have your computer scanned for free! Believe you may be spreading it and not even know it. I was just scoping out some outlaw star pics and what I thought was a screen saver, the .exe file had this virus! Beware!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Scan everything you download before running any type of executable.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Yeah dude! But this just serves as a reminder to actually DO IT with every file cause honestly sometimes I space out myself. Thanks for the post dude.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    yeah I got the w32.help.handy thing too. Norton Antivirus 2003 recognized it immediately and deleted the file for me
    The best thing you can do is enable real-time file protection (NAV: AutoProtection) so that you will know you have a virus immediately. The virus will have no chance to do anything this way. Always keep your virus definitions up-to-date!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Yip, keep auto protection on constantly, you usually only need to d'load for less than a minute and NAV will pick it up and either fix it or delete it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what dose this virus do then i might get some software

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    I don't know what it does, im lucky i've never had to find out, but if you're using Kazaa without Virus software you're not only endangering your own pc but other peples that d'load from you!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I never get 'viruses' anymore thanks to regular scanning of all downloads.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Viruses have become a real problem as of late (can you say Klez?). You should always be using virus scanning software on your machine, and its important to keep the virus definitions updated. Most programs will do this for you, behind the scenes. Stop what you are doing, put down the twinkie, and order up Norton A/V now. If you aren't running this software, you risk spreading these viruses all over the internet.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I keep getting this Virus to.

For more info check here http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...hllp.handy.html

What would i do with out NORTON ANTIVIRUS, If you Aint got it get it. It will Pay off in the long run.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast