Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Question Cont

nope

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    my only idea is to go to www.windowsupdate.com]windows update[/url] and update everything then restart and once its all installed try plugging it in again... if u already have all of the updates then i have no idea what could be wrong except a faulty keybaord or usb port.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    ok thanks for your help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What happens if you plug in the USB device when the PC is off and then you turn it on?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Could you describe the noise?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Originally posted by Flametongue@18 January 2004 - 21:01
    Well when it was booting up the noise started so i had to use another keyboard. Also i tried to connect it when i was at my desktop but still it makes the noise. It occurs when connecting with pc. System is 3 months old and it is Windows XP. Nothing is on the screen. its just the background.
    Flame, when did this noise start? have you had this problem since you
    got it?
    did you add a program or a software device?

is it a multimedia keyboard? if so can you give us a brand name.

we are trying to figure out if it is hardware,a device prob,software or operator.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Sounds like you have been hot swapping one to many USB devices and screwed the drivers up.

Im not sure if that is possible though.

But it does sound like some sort of driver conflict.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    Have you got USB Legacy support enabled in the bios? This is necessary for USB keyboard and mouse, so there's a possibility this may be the cause if it isn't enabled.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I am not sure how to describe the noise but it happened when i disconnected my keyboard to take the pc downstairs. once i connected it it started making the noise. It was making the noise as i was booting up and i think it said something about system 32 file or something like that. After that i took that out and plugged in my other keyboard. The make is Advent. I have updated everything form windows update but still nothing makes a difference.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Is the noise coming from the system speaker, or is it possibly some sort of rubbing sound? I'm wondering about the possibility that something has come loose when you moved your pc, and that when you plug in your usb keyboard a cable is rubbing against the cpu fan. If this then makes your processor overheat it could freeze, depending on model.

If that's the situation, remove the side panel and check where the cables run.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast