Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Question Cont

Everytime i connect my keyboard to my tower it makes a strange noise and everything on the screen freezes. What do u think could be the problem?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Originally posted by Flametongue@18 January 2004 - 20:14
    Everytime i connect my keyboard to my tower it makes a strange noise and everything on the screen freezes. What do u think could be the problem?
    Flame, could you give us a bit more info

is this at boot up?
    does this occur...connecting/disconnecting with pc on
    how old is system, what os
    what is on the screen...is it only one program?, etc.

really anything you could provide would assist forum members
    in giving you some ideas as what to do or where you could go for help.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well when it was booting up the noise started so i had to use another keyboard. Also i tried to connect it when i was at my desktop but still it makes the noise. It occurs when connecting with pc. System is 3 months old and it is Windows XP. Nothing is on the screen. its just the background.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    is it a usb keyboard? when u plug in a USB device it makes a noise that tells u windows found the hardware. And unplugging it also makes the noise, but it stops after like a second. Does your noise stop?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The noise doesn't stop. it doesn't tell me that it found a new device cos everything freezes on the screen.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    so is it USB, ps\2 or serial? And what kind is the working keyboard that u are typing with right now?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    USB the slot next to the mouse slot the keyboard that i am currently using is a normal one with hot keys.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ok right clikc my computer, then go to manage, then click device manager on teh left and see if anything has a ! or ? beside it, particarily USB controllers. You can also try to find an updated driver for your USB ports. Most likely find it on your motherboard manufacturers website.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    there isn't any ! or ? do i have to connect the keyboard that makes the noise and then right click on my computer or use the current one?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    umm well it freezes when u hook up the keyboard right, so wouldnt be able to check anyway. But this was just to see if anything was wrong with the usb ports. Do u have any other usb devices that u can test it with?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast