Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xp Activation

TRshady
    I want to install XP I got off kazaa but have heard that you have to activate which I obvuosly cant do with a downloaded copy. Can anyone shed some light on this please.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Look for activation cracks. You do need it as after 30 days the software stops working.

Serials & Cracks

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@1 March 2003 - 13:29
    You do need it as after 30 days the software stops working.
    Rubbish. You only need to activate XP if you want to download the updates/service packs. You do not have to activate xp.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Depends whether he means register or activate, as in using an XP key. If you download a copy of XP from Kazaa you will need a serial number (key) to even install it, so make sure you have one before you format if you're doing a clean install.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Sneepboy's Avatar Poster
    If you are installing XP Pro, find XP-Pro-Corporate Key numbers. There is also a corporate key generator out there but it can take a little while to get a working number. With a corporate key, you do not have to activate it at any point (even afterward if you changed some of your hardware). I have a licensed copy of XP Pro but I am still using a corporate number because I do change things on my computer and their whole "activation" thing just pisses me off.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TRshady
    I do mean 'product activation' not just a cd-key. So ill use a coporate key and I dont need to activate. Thanks.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I don't think he's grasped the concept.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TRshady
    Explain it clearly then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your'e right I dont get it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@2 March 2003 - 00:05
    Explain it clearly then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your'e right I dont get it.
    You will not have to activate it. The original product will work for a limited period and then insist that it is "activated" by M$. If this is not done it will stop working.

The one you download will never do this and will work without activation.

However, M$ are aware of the versions which do this and the SP will not install on them. So if you want to update then it won't work.

So if you want to just use the product as released then simply download and install. If you want to use the SP then you have to change the key. This is simply done using a freely available prog. It's no big problem either way.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Sneepboy's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF@1 March 2003 - 17:41
    However, M$ are aware of the versions which do this and the SP will not install on them. So if you want to update then it won't work.

So if you want to just use the product as released then simply download and install. If you want to use the SP then you have to change the key. This is simply done using a freely available prog. It's no big problem either way.
    With the new key generators and new sets of numbers, you wont have this problem. I was using one of the old numbers and when I went to install SP1 I couldnt. I found a utility to change my key and found a new list of numbers and SP1 installed like a charm. No problems with Windows Update either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast