Thread: Have You Ever Left Auto Search On All Night?

It's like a surprise party when you wake up. You'll find files you didn't ever think of.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    It is slightly hard on your connection and especially hard on (already overloaded) supernodes to leave that on all night. It is finding and refinding the same files at the same places over and over again after searching just for a few minutes.

You'd probably find new files quicker by using auto search more for ~2 minutes, jumping supernodes, and searching again. Yes, it takes more effort, but it's a little easier on the network.

If you can unfirewall your connection, then you can access about 4x as much as you can firewalled.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    imported_uncle_cracker
    Originally posted by Dead Cartoon Fish@20 January 2004 - 09:30
    It's like a surprise party when you wake up. You'll find files you didn't ever think of.
    just delete them

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Switeck@21 January 2004 - 02:06
    If you can unfirewall your connection, then you can access about 4x as much as you can firewalled.

Yeah, my router is slowing me down. Will simply unplugging from the router and doing a direct connection from the modem do it?

Thanks.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Dead Cartoon Fish+21 January 2004 - 01:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dead Cartoon Fish @ 21 January 2004 - 01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@21 January 2004 - 02:06
    Yeah, my router is slowing me down. Will simply unplugging from the router and doing a direct connection from the modem do it?

Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    That can, but you could also try port-forwarding the ip port KL++ users from your router to your computer AND running KaNAT. That&#39;s almost exactly as effective as running without a router -- and still keeps you protected from most of the ip-seeking viruses.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    internet.news
    You can keep searching whole time. But it could slow down other tools.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    lots of times

proud to be american