Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Chipped Ps2 Or Xbox?

  1. #1
    Ok, I've come into a bit of cash and am thinking about buying a console, either a chipped xbox, or ps2, the flip lid ps2 is quite an appealing idea, a friend has one and we copy games for it no problem, I was wondering if it's the same with the xbox, ie, rent and copy.

    Another consideration is internet access, I am currently on broadband and would connect via a router. Would any of the copied games allow me on line, I have heard the mod chip on the xbox needs to be switched off, is it the same with the flip lid ps2? (to be honest I know nothing about consoles! not even sure the ps2 has an internet connection, I need to buy it extra, yes?)

    Alternatively I could say stuff consoles and buy some pc gear

  2. Games   -   #2
    chipped ps2 (i own one) i would certanly NOT recoment the flip lid as i purchased one of them ,it worked but it wouldent play ntsc american games only pal so i got a dvd chip magic 3 reliable

  3. Games   -   #3
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallout shelter
    Posts
    617
    i feel that xbox is better. what you do with a modded xbox is you also put in a new hd. Then with that hd you load the games on to it. so every game you rent is saved on the box ie( no need for discs). It normally holds about 40-50 games. Also a moded xbox xan play emulated games from systems like sega, nes, snes and n64. Also a moded xbox can play divx and other movie codacs normal dvd players can't.
    the only thing the ps2 has going for it is that it is a ps2 and if you like ps2 that is reason enough. But with A moddded one you still have to copy the games and have a dvd burner to do such. Also witha ps2 you havew to soder the chip on with xbox there are soderless. finally if you do go online with ethere one you have to buy an expansion. Also any games saved on your xbox will not work online, because you must turn of your mod chip. I have heard talk of people runing independet servers for modded xboxes.

    Overal modded xbox are kick ass.

  4. Games   -   #4
    thanks guys, the pal issue is not a problem, I'm in England so all the rental games are pal! so far we've had no problems

    This hard drive issue with the xbox, is it a bog standard atapi hd? or is it some ridiculously priced x box special? also i heard you had to run linux to boot game images, while i'm comfortable with this I intend the machine for my 9 year old, he's good but I'm not sure about letting him loose with linux!

  5. Games   -   #5
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallout shelter
    Posts
    617
    Originally posted by leecheskicked@20 January 2004 - 17:13
    thanks guys, the pal issue is not a problem, I'm in England so all the rental games are pal! so far we've had no problems

    This hard drive issue with the xbox, is it a bog standard atapi hd? or is it some ridiculously priced x box special? also i heard you had to run linux to boot game images, while i'm comfortable with this I intend the machine for my 9 year old, he's good but I'm not sure about letting him loose with linux!
    the linux is a basic system that i belive is farily easy to learn. I think it is just eye candy over the complicated stuff. the only hard thing will be saving the games to the hd which you could do your self. Also the hard drive is your basic ide hard drive that you can get at any computer store. Also the software you have to install is fairly user friendly, but that is just what ive heard. Also you can play copied xbox games on it. If you have more ? search xbox mod on google and read that info.

  6. Games   -   #6
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallout shelter
    Posts
    617
    I was browsing the web some more andcame across the screensavers. they modded and xbox once and they have vidoe of the os and how to do it. the following links are for the website just click on the vidoe highlight box.

    OS

    Mod Chip

    Hard Drive

    Game Back Up

  7. Games   -   #7
    the only thing the ps2 has going for it is that it is a ps2 and if you like ps2 that is reason enough
    Mine has been sitting in the cupboard for like 6 months now because you cant do anything cool with it

    Got to sell it and get an xbox

    BTW, their is a snes emu for the ps2 but i forgot the link for it.

  8. Games   -   #8
    thx everyone, I read the links, the migraine tablets are just about wearing off, I think I'm gonna go with the stuff consoles point of view, gonna buy 2 120gb hds and a broadband router, as far as I can see nearly all the best console games are on pc anyway! still gonna have 7k to spend so anyone got any convincing reasons to turn me into a console freak I would like to hear them

  9. Games   -   #9
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fallout shelter
    Posts
    617
    Originally posted by leecheskicked@22 January 2004 - 12:17
    thx everyone, I read the links, the migraine tablets are just about wearing off, I think I'm gonna go with the stuff consoles point of view, gonna buy 2 120gb hds and a broadband router, as far as I can see nearly all the best console games are on pc anyway! still gonna have 7k to spend so anyone got any convincing reasons to turn me into a console freak I would like to hear them
    7k can you say plasma tv, surround sound and consoles. think about it.

    Also im a pretty hard pc gamer and i do feel that pc is as good as consoles. Also you can dl games for it.

  10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by neevakee@20 January 2004 - 23:29
    i feel that xbox is better. what you do with a modded xbox is you also put in a new hd. Then with that hd you load the games on to it. so every game you rent is saved on the box ie( no need for discs). It normally holds about 40-50 games. Also a moded xbox xan play emulated games from systems like sega, nes, snes and n64. Also a moded xbox can play divx and other movie codacs normal dvd players can't.
    the only thing the ps2 has going for it is that it is a ps2 and if you like ps2 that is reason enough. But with A moddded one you still have to copy the games and have a dvd burner to do such. Also witha ps2 you havew to soder the chip on with xbox there are soderless. finally if you do go online with ethere one you have to buy an expansion. Also any games saved on your xbox will not work online, because you must turn of your mod chip. I have heard talk of people runing independet servers for modded xboxes.

    Overal modded xbox are kick ass.
    Totally Agree........With a Chipped Xbox ya can do so much more:

    Play:
    NTSC/PAL backups
    Divx,Xvid,Avi movies
    Emulators (Megadrive, Snes, GBA.......)
    Applications (DVD2Xbox....where u can stick a rented game in the disc tray and rip it straight to the Xbox HD)

    And as Neevakee said u can get the Solderless modchips for Xbox....or even go the route of Soft-Modding where u dont even have to open ya Xbox casing...Oh yes!!

    Theres just a lot more fun to be had with a Modded Xbox as opposed to a Modded PS2...
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •